cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband did not activate, it was supposed to activate yesterday

Shabarank

Broadband did not activate, it was supposed to activate yesterday

The email says its on the 10/07/2021 upto midnight which is yesterday but the website says some thing like srtactivstiondate
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband did not activate, it was supposed to activate yesterday

@Shabarank Welcome to the forums. I assume you have  tried to access the internet - what is displayed when you do? Is this an FTTC installation?

John
Shabarank

The router is orange with flashing red broadband light, i tried connecting my phone but it too me to a webpage to try connect and all it did was ask me it i had adsl or fibre (its not fibre) and if i had a microfilter
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

So, you are on an ADSL connection - which router do you have? No guarantees this will work, but it is worth a try. Factory reset the router by pressing a paperclip or similar into the reset hole on the back/underside of the router, keep it closed for at least 30 seconds, then release it and let it reset itself.

Do you have a laptop/desktop computer?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Shabarank and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your transfer order hasn't completed as we'd expect. We haven't emailed you confirmation your broadband's ready to go, so your router won't work yet. I've checked your order with and I can see that due to a lack of engineer availability, an engineer hasn't been out to the exchange yet to activate our services.

I've chased this up with our suppliers helpdesk, discussing this with one of their team managers and I've been advised they've escalated your order with the relevant people and an engineer should be going out tomorrow.

I can't 100% guarantee that this will happen as there may be last minute changes if there's a shortage of engineers tomorrow, but we'll keep an eye on this for you and update you as soon as we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet