Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband delays - 17 days and counting

FIXED
Skeadugenga
Dabbler

Broadband delays - 17 days and counting

Having been told yesterday that my broadband would be activated this week, its now creeping out to next Wednesday.

15-17 working days with no broadband since my "activation date" on the 16th April.  Or to put it another way I've been unable to use broadband from home for 19 days and it looks like the situation will be no different on day 24.

25 REPLIES 25
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband delays - 17 days and counting

Welcome to our community forums @Skeadugenga

Apologies for the issues you're experiencing with your order.

Unfortunately it looks like we've encountered another delay, but the notes on the order don't advise what the issue is.

I've raised this with our provisions team to contact our suppliers for an update. We'll provide more info shortly.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Skeadugenga
Dabbler

Day 24.  Any update?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I can see your broadband order is due to complete tomorrow.

It should go live at any point up to midnight.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Skeadugenga
Dabbler

Day 26, still no broadband.

Skeadugenga
Dabbler

There's no hope really is there...it will be another week to cancel the order before we start all over again..

"I have contacted our suppliers who have advised that the order to activate your broadband is not going to complete due to an issue with the exchange. I can see that a previous order failed for the same reason and I have raised this with our suppliers to make sure that a future order does not fail.

They are cancelling down the order so that we can replace it and they are also raising an ordi request internally to get the exchange information correctly sorted. We should be able to replace this on Monday for you and we will be in touch. We will also request an expedite based on the previous issues"

Skeadugenga
Dabbler

Day 29.  Still no broadband and apparently no news either.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@EmilyD  Can someone provide a progress update please.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm contacting BT now for an update.

I'll post back shortly.

[edit]

Our suppliers have advised us that your phone line is routed to a different exchange to what your broadband order is showing as. This is preventing the work from being completed. They've raised this with their data integrity team to investigate.

We should have an update within the next 2 working days.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Skeadugenga
Dabbler

Day 31.

This is to confirm that your order is in progress and we will confirm a date in 48-72 hours.  I am sorry for the inconvenience, our suppliers have advised this order should go through this time.  
Skeadugenga
Dabbler

Day 32

"Your service is due to go live on 23/05/2018"

Great.  Another week. 

Skeadugenga
Dabbler

Day 33

This morning's update e-mail

"Your Plusnet Home Phone service is now ready to use"

Great, I've only been using it for the last 3 weeks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like the last broadband order we placed has suffered from the same fate and cancelled in our suppliers systems as the exchange is different to what the phone line is provided from. Sad

Our provisions team are investigating this and they'll update you when we know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Skeadugenga
Dabbler

Day whatever.

We have had confirmation from Openreach that the broadband order has been cancelled again due to the tie pairs being linked to the incorrect exchange. They are linking them to the Reading Tilehurst exchange when the correct exchange should be Burghfield Common. Because of this ongoing problem we are facing what we are going to have to do is place a new phone order which requires a surveyor to go out to assess the correct exchange. In the meantime your current phone service will still be active. Once the surveyor assesses the correct exchange we should find that we are in a position to place the broadband order successfully and not experience this same issue. We will be try and make this process as quick as possible.

I do feel sorry for Plusnet, since they're obviously at the mercy of people who couldn't find their own backsides with both hands and a map.  However, I am starting to get very irritated every time I see "We'll do you proud". 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@adamwalker

Stupid dumb question - why can the broadband order not be made against the exchange the circuit IS connected to?  Is such out of the box thinking beyond the intelligence of BT Wholesale … or does the cabinet the circuit is connected to not have capacity?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.