cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection

JustCAF

Broadband connection

Hello, I advised that I was changing address on 25/5/2018 and in that call I was notified that this would take 5-7 days. Broadband is not currently connected, and the order tracker is empty. Please advise.
8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Broadband connection

Moderator's note:

Moved from Fibre Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Michael I'm Ollie. 

After checking your account we have been providing updates via ticket for you here

Should you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Thank you.

- Ollie 

JustCAF

Hi Ollie,

Thanks for the update.
I see that activation is now expected for 12 June 2018, working off 10-14 working days rather than the previously advised 5-7.
Is there any way to make this sooner? I work from home a lot and will have highly increased expenditure due to having to use my phone as a hotspot.

Thanks,
Michael.
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me Michael I really appreciate your patience. 

I wish there was a quicker way Michael but we genuinely provide the earliest dates our suppliers provide ourselves.

If you have any further queries give us a shout and we'll be more than happy to help. 

Thanks.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@OllieC,

Do business grade services - which are more appropriate for home workers (as such activity infringes residential service T&Cs) - get preferential installation services as well as care level 2 repairs?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Townman, 

For broadband, the service level is the same as with residential customers, but business customers do have an option to add enhanced care which is explained over here: https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/about-enhanced-care/ 

Let me know if if I can help with anything else.

Thanks.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

To be clear PHINE LINE faults are dealt with at care level 2 for business users from BTOR but BTw gives everyone the same response time for broadband.

My question here was more related to install times. The user is looking for a quicker installation because they have a business use need. If they subscribed to a business grade service would / might it be installed quicker than a residential grade service?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi Townman,
Although there is a slight difference in time frames we get for new line installs between residential and business accounts we rarely would see the benefit the earlier date would give as engineer availability is the deciding factor.
In regards to the broadband side of things there's no difference across both account types in terms of installing the service and again is largely dependent on engineer availability in the area.