cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection failure

brettyboy53

Broadband connection failure

Her is my amazing Plusnet experience encapsulated in an email to the Plusnet CEO to which I have had no response!

Dear Mr.Baker, here is what your company has done to me!

24th Nov - Fibre Broadband ordered and direct debit instigated. 
You have to do a manual input - I believe that the reason is this has been messed up by you and you have ordered ordinary internet and then realised actually it should be fibre - why else would the switch have been made for the 13th?
Or are you telling me that you arrange switches before confirming an engineer would be available? Surely you would check engineer availability  before switch confirmation with my current provider
27th November You illegally access my bank account and take first months money, even though you are not supposed to take any money until the service is up and running!
29th November Direct Debit confirmed by my bank - 2 days after you take money!
Pobroadband contact me to say that the connection will be switched. You tell me that the order has been placed and will let me know in 48 hours when switch will happen.
6th Dec you tell me that the order is happening on the 3rd January! Why the delay - you obviously had no engineers until 3rd Jan. No explanation for week's delay in sorting it!

So you have arranged the switch for the 13th Dec with Pobroadband and then realised that your engineers can't do the job then! 

I'm not interested in excuses that it is another company let you down - that's your problem if your engineers can't do what your company promise!

So on the 13th Dec I will have no internet for 3 weeks over Christmas!!!
I have been told by 2 different advisors that 
1 - I will be cut off on the 13th
2 - I won't be cut off on the 13th

Which is the truth and which is the lie?

Your company has been awful in the customer service department coming up with every excuse under the sun - holidays, Christmas, unforeseen circumstances - no admittance of any fault whatsoever.

I have suggested 2 fixes to your company:
1 Connect me with your ordinary internet on the 13th.
2 Contact Pobroadband to change the date of switch to 3rd Jan so I am not cut off.

But - nothing!!!

I believe the regulator has said that £6 per day compensation should be paid to me so that comes to:
7 days delay between you contacting pobroadband to confirm switch and telling me switch date.
21 days delay in connecting me after 1st switch date ( which you have never admitted  to)

I make that £168.00 you owe me so far and I have a small business which I run from home which I will have to stop as I will be disconnected.

Your company are responsible for this!

You are owned by BT, couldn't someone contact the engineers and sort it out?
I think your service is disgraceful!

Would you be happy if this happened to you!
2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband connection failure

Sorry to hear of your experience.

I can see your email to our CEO has been received. A case handler has been assigned from our complaints team who will be contacting you soon. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
brettyboy53

Re: Broadband connection failure

Thanks but she contacted me over 3 hours ago and was coming back to me to explain why you never came back to me for a week with a connection date after you arranged for my current supplier to cut me off. Your parent company apparently couldn't supply the engineers for 13th Dec! Christmas holidays have been given as the excuse as to why your company couldn't fulfil orders taken on Black Friday ( in November)- the biggest shopping day of the year, Surely no-one who ordered things on that date would be happy to be told a full week later that the suppliers( your parent company) couldn't or wouldn't fulfil the order until 6 weeks after ordering it! I have only been told today that I wouldn't be cut off - I have been worrying like this since 6th December because of your company! But your lady thinks you have done no wrong, well that was about 3 hours ago now - suppose she's at lunch, who knows. But it will have to be a good excuse as to why you took a week to tell me the installation date after you said you would contact me in 48 hours