cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connected but no internet

chloekang

Broadband connected but no internet

The engineer went back after broadband instalment and the internet went live today (turn into blue light). Tried to connect but constantly just get the “login” page pop up which takes me to the hub manager which says it’s connected to broadband.
If I try to close this and go to any other page it says it cannot connect to the server!
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband connected but no internet

@chloekang What username is showing on the Hub - 'setup@plusdsl.net', or your username?

John
chloekang

It showed as 'setup@plusdsl.net' at the first time but then I figured out it's actually not connected. So I changed to my username and password and then the broadband turned into red light.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Very strange. Have you actually had a message from Plusnet that you are good to go?

Another thought - when you changed the username, did you make sure the line read 'yourusername@plusdsl.net', and that the password was correct?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@chloekang 

The way that a new service works is that initially Openreach will activate the line. At this point the hub will synchronise with the broadband infrastructure and you may or may not get connected at slow speed. The reason for this is that Plusnet have not activated the service at their end. The way that it’s supposed to work is:

1. The Openreach installation is completed
  2. Plusnet are advised.
  3. Plusnet set up the account and advise the customer that they can now connect their hub.
  4. The hub autoconfigures by changing the hubs default username and password to the customers personal settings.

This can go wrong.

What to do in these circumstances.

1. Try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
  2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

1. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
  2. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it, depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
  3. Remove the DSL cable.
  4. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
  5. Enter your account password.
  6. Plug the DSL cable back in.
  7. If it doesn’t come to life then try to connect by selecting Connect (again you may need to look through the pages to find it).

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @chloekang and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry for the confusion.

From what I can see we haven't yet confirmed your broadband's ready to use. I've checked your order and I can see it's on track to complete on the original planned activation date of tomorrow before midnight. 

It looks like for one reason or another, our suppliers helpdesk brought forward the engineer visit for the phone line installation, but the linked broadband order wasn't brought in line with this. 

Let us know how it goes tomorrow. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Order 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Sciurus
Hooked

@chloekang After we spoke yesterday, I checked on the progress of the broadband order, and that has now completed.

I'll post a separate message to you via your account.

Tags (1)