cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband and telephone problems

POBS

Broadband and telephone problems

I have just moved into a new flat and signed up to Plusnet. After waiting 3 weeks, the engineer came on the 8th May to install my phone and broadband. I have not been able to access the internet at all. Not only that, but my phone will not work if it is plugged into the splitter and cuts off after approximately 35 minutes if I plug it directly into the telephone socket. I have spent hours trying to get through to Plusnet customer service (average wait times 30 minutes during the week). Today I spent over 2 hours waiting on the phone to try to speak to people, overall since 9th May, I believe I have spent more than 4 hours waiting on the phone.

I contacted my Landlord to ask if the previous tenant had broadband and telephone problems and I was advised that in the five years that they were, they were never advised of any problems.

I sincerely believe that the engineer who installed my telephone and broadband made a mistake and I have no service as a result. No in Plusnet seems to know what is wrong or what to do, but I do. I am fed up and if this is not sorted by 29th May, I will be cancelling my contract. I paid £81.00 for installation and nothing works.
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Broadband and telephone problems

Hi Pobs,

A warm welcome to the community.  Really sad that the service is not working for you.  As a fellow customer, there is nothing that I can do to assist here … beyond give this a superuser escalation.  It is though worth your while dialling 17070 and confirming that the phone number is correct.  There is some possibility that the line was cross connected.  Also try using the phone fault trouble shooter - see link below.

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers; please allow time for Plusnet to respond before commenting further.

Escalation does not imply progressing this matter will be given priority, nor that a different outcome will result.

Reason for escalation:  Request response

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband and telephone problems

Sorry to see this and I'm disappointing to see that it's too late to assist. 

I will be taking a close look at what feedback I can take from your experience and how we've handled this for you. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team