Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation

FIXED
lesley104
Hooked

Broadband activation

My broadband was due to be activated yesterday. I phoned yesterday to confirm. The guy said to wait until midnight and I should receive a text and an email but had nothing. My old connection dropped out first thing yesterday. I work from home and require internet to do my job so I don't know what I'm going to do! Can someone please help?
Tags (1)
17 REPLIES 17
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband activation

@lesley104 Do you have the Plusnet Hub? If you do, try plugging it in and see what happens - the 'good to go' emails/texts sometimes go missing.

John
lesley104
Hooked

Hi John, thanks for your help. The router has an amber light and doesn't connect to the internet so I've switched it off again. I was keeping my fingers crossed that would work though!
jab1
Legend

@lesley104 Assuming you have the Hub2, what does this page show as your 'username'?

3.Hub2 broadband.png

John
lesley104
Hooked

Yes, I have the hub2. I don't have access to that page on my dashboard. It just says "order processing"
jab1
Legend

You won't have it on your PN dashboard, it is on the Hubs control panel - you need to log in to the Hub - enter '192.168.1.254' without the quote marks in your browser.

John
lesley104
Hooked

Unfortunately, I don't have time to keep going. I have to sort out alternative internet somehow in the mean time so I can work today. I'll take another look this evening.
Tags (1)
jab1
Legend

I kind of understand, but if you check as I advised, you may be able to use your PN connection. If you are not connected, now you have raised the issue, one of the PN Help Team should pick it up and check for you.

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Fix

Hey @lesley104, thanks a lot for getting in touch. 

Your broadband service went live at 14:15 this afternoon, let us know if you have any issues with your service and we'll be happy to follow up. No data has been downloaded yet. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
lesley104
Hooked

Thanks for your help John. We got it sorted in the end 😀
lesley104
Hooked

Hi Adam,
I couldn't find a way to add a new topic so I've just had to add my next question here.
I've never got an email to let me claim my £75 voucher for joining. It's not in my junk folder and was just wondering how I can claim the voucher please?
Tags (1)
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks a lot for getting in touch again @lesley104, looking through your account, it doesn't appear that a cashback promotion is associated with it. 

Promo Code - 2122fib8049a0ttl, is only associated with a free activation fee, not a £75.00 Reward Card / Cashback. How was it exactly that you signed up? Was it through some sort of comparison site? 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
lesley104
Hooked

Thanks for getting back to me. But that's the only reason I switched to plusnet? Yes, I went through uswitch. I clicked on the deal and then it opened a new window and I went through the process of signing up. I literally phoned one of your colleagues a few weeks ago and they said an email would come through soon but it's hasn't done which is why I was enquiring again!
Tags (1)
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Thanks for getting back to us @lesley104, I really appreciate it, 

I have looked through USWITCH's site and it is showing a deal for Unlimited fibre with a £70.00 but I can't see anyone for the product you choose which is fibre extra. 

Do you have a screenshot of the deal you selected at all? 

I would also be happy to review the call where the reward was discussed, can you PM me a rough date of when this occurred? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
lesley104
Hooked

Morning, I've attached a screenshot of the deal below. I called on Tuesday the 5th of April because my service didn't turn on when it was supposed to and I mentioned the voucher on that call I believe because I wasn't sure how to claim it. Then, after an email never turned up I called on the 14th of April at 13.28. The only reason I've switched providers was because of this deal to go towards my wedding, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.  £75 Plusnet reward.png