Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation

FIXED
Batida66
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Broadband activation

Hi, ordered standard broadband on the 22nd March, on the 8th April got an email saying that my phone service was up and running but so far my broadband has not been activated.

Does anyone have an idea how long this takes, over a week now with no internet.

As you can see the tracker page is of no help.

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband activation

@Batida66 Welcome to the forums. Do you have your router - or your previous ISPs?

John
Batida66
Hooked

I've had the router for 2 weeks now, its all sitting there waiting to be turned on.

My previous broadband went off on the 8th in the morning just before my email about phone service being on.

jab1
Legend

OK - in that case, try plugging in the router and connecting - the activation emails can sometimes go AWOL.

John
Batida66
Hooked

Thanks, perhaps I should have said, I have tried several times a day for the last week, that and all the other checks that are in the manual etc.

I need to know if anyone can tell me when it will be activated as you can see in the dashboard picture it gives no info.

jab1
Legend

OK - how far do you get with the set-up then? - If your previous ISP has disconnected you, this would suggest PN have told them they were 'good to go.'

John
Batida66
Hooked

On starting up the broadband light flashes for a minute or two then stays on.

The internet light is red.

jab1
Legend

In that case, it is possible your router hasn't auto-configured as it should - try resetting it by pressing a paper-clip or similar into the reset button on the rear for a minimum of 30 seconds, until all the lights start flashing and then leave it alone for 15-20 minutes. This may, or may not, work.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

If that doesnt work, then call Customer services. It sounds like the automated systems haven't activated your account at Plusnet and so your login is failing. Given the the broadband light is steady, that implies that the work has been done by Openreach to activate the broadband.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @Batida66

It appears that there were some activities stuck on our supplier's system that was preventing the order from completing

These have now been closed manually and your services should be up and running in the next 24 hours

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Batida66
Hooked

It has been nearly 24 hours now and I still have an internet red light, when I look at the router page it is saying "We couldn't connect you to the Internet. Please check your username and password and then press the Connect button." I have done this and as far as I know the password is correct,
jab1
Legend

What username and password show? Don't post them here, just confirm they are those agreed with PN and not 'setup@plusdsl.net' .

John
Batida66
Hooked

Fix

well miraculously 1 minute after your reply I got an email saying its all up and running, which it is.

Thanks for answering though.