Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation

FIXED
Laurapalmer
Hooked

Broadband activation

Hello, i am a previous plusnet customer paying for broadband however due to a misscommunication about payments my account was closed.

I have recently made a new account and have made my first broadband payment via direct debit which i had set up over the phone however my broadband is not yet active, i was wondering roughly how long this broadband activation would take or if it could be done manually as we use internet quite a lot in my household.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this post
9 REPLIES 9
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Broadband activation

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Orders.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Laurapalmer
Hooked

Delayed broadband

Hello,

I recently made a post, which seemingly got ignored. So I'm making this post to hopefully get a response this time.

I recently paid for fibre broadband and it says on my account that my order is still being processed, however I've seen many other posts on the forums with similar issues and it has taken over a month in some cases for people to get their wifi back. When setting up my account over the phone and making my first payment for broadband, I had 4 different people tell me varying lengths of time of which my internet would be activated. None of them gave me an actual date of activation, which I've seen is supposed to happen and I haven't received any confirmation via email or text regarding when my broadband is likely to be active.

At this point unless I get an activation date soon I will be leaving, because moving to another ISP would only take 2 weeks whereas this could take well over a month as I was informed by 1 of your staff members.

Thankyou,

Laura.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Delayed broadband

Moderators Note

Topics on same subject merged.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @Laurapalmer 

I'm sorry for the delay with your order. I tried to call you today on your mobile but there was no answer. Unfortunately due to a system issue we weren't able to automatically place your order but I've put that through manually now.

I'm firstly reactivating the stopped phone line at your address which was ceased by the previous provider on the 21/09/20. Once that activates on 28/09/20 I'll place your fibre order and call you back to advise when that'll go live.

I'd expect the fibre order to take 5 working days so if all goes to plan you should have a broadband service by 05/10/20 however this may be delayed depending on engineer availability to carry out external work at the cabinet.

I'm taking this on personally moving forward and I'll follow up on Monday.

[edit]

Having read your post again if we closed your previous account it's likely we ceased the line on 21/09/20. With any luck when the phone's active we should hopefully be able to get your fibre back on a lot sooner if the all equipment is in place at the cabinet still (The cabinet is the green box in the road)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Laurapalmer
Hooked

Hello,

Thankyou for getting back to me about this, I had a feeling the order didn't go through.

I appreciate you taking it on personally and I look forward to hearing from you on Monday.

Laura.
Laurapalmer
Hooked

Hello i just wanted to write a reply as my internet was supposed to activate today however i still cannot connect to the internet with the router still showing a solid orange light.

My broadband order is supposed to be complete however so i'm confused as to why my internet is not active.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

Hi @Laurapalmer I tried to call you today on your mobile to follow things up with you but there was no answer. I can see you've spoken with our support team and you've reconfigured your existing router to work with your new account.

Let me know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Laurapalmer
Hooked

Thankyou very much for the help, it's all sorted now. For anyone who may be confused why they don't have internet too when their order is complete, try this below (which is what I found on a forum post).

Go to the plusnet hub manager (you can google what to type in to get there). Make sure your username and password on there is the exact same as the one you used to sign up to plusnet with. If not you'll need to go into the advanced settings to change it and it should work for you too.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the post back @Laurapalmer 

No problem, let us know if you need any further help.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet