Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation.

kmalkan
Hooked

Broadband activation.

Hello

I have recently moved to a new property and have got a phone line installed with PlusNet, with multiple delays and issues.

In fact I had to have ofcom involved, registering a complaint against BT openreach and Unfortunately PlusNet as that is who I am contracted too.

I would like to point out this was an openreach issue and not PlusNet.

I am now having issues with delays in my broadband activation. It has already been delayed by a few days due to the delays in line installation.

It is now finally the day of activation and after keeping a close eye for the activation message, there is no update.

As it is now almost 7 pm, I doubt it will activated. I mean if it wasn't done within working hours, how will it be activated after hours!

I have been told it will be before 1159, but have my reservations.

I have also gone on to check dslchecker.... And have noticed something, which points too something a bit more sinister, stating, "Our Records indicate that you have a product or service supplied to this line that is currently incompatible with broadband. You will need to have the product or service ceased before broadband can be provided. If you place an order before the incompatible product or service has been ceased then the order will be rejected."

Could some one help me with what this means? And will I be getting my internet today, or anytime soon!

regards

K M
9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Broadband activation.

Broadband orders can take up to midnight to complete so there is still a chance it will be today.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
kmalkan
Hooked

Thanks for getting back. It's actually now saying on order tracker completion is tomorrow!
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good evening, 

The "incompatible products"  tag on the line indicates on order is in progress on your line, that error causes a lot of confusion but does mean something is going ahead.

Our tracking system always set the completion date as the following day for some reason(probably as it can be up to midnight til the order closes, automated line tests and such), It may be the work is done but the order not closed, this can happen on occasion.

I'm in at 9am so I'll check things in the morning if you aren't connected by then Smiley

kmalkan
Hooked

Good Morning guys, the BB has not been activated as yet.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Morning, 

I've taken a look at things and it seems the engineering work in the exchange as part of the connection was not completed yesterday, we received a delay notification at 10 past 12 last night.

I'm going to talk to BT Wholesale now to find out why the work wasn't done and get it pushed ahead.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The engineering task in the exchange was delayed due to a large amount of orders going through to your exchange from ourselves and other providers.

The engineering task has been rescheduled for today, I will be keeping an eye out and will let you know as soon as things are complete

kmalkan
Hooked

Thanks Paul,

I desperately need the net to go live!

It's not the first time BT has given this reasoning, their service is horrendous.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good Afternoon, 

I've just taken a look and the engineering work has all been completed and I can see your router has gained a successful connection to us now.

The order itself is still open as automated tests are going through but we should be fine from here, let me know if you need anything further

kmalkan
Hooked

Hey

Thanks, all working now!

The router is setup and net working! It's great!