Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation delays .. 12 days and counting

FIXED
plususer1
Fixes: 1

Broadband activation delays .. 12 days and counting

I ordered Plusnet Unlimited Fibre with Line Rental on 27th March 2018. Plusnet confirmed activation date for broadband to be 19-April-2018. We received emails and texts in run-up to the 19th keeping us updated and all was going well. On 19th I received email to say my order is progressing fine and is expected to complete some point that day. I didn't receive the promised email/text to say the broadband was active after all the info said it would be up and running by midnight. I was up late working so set up and tried all the equipment just after midnight to no avail.

I called the next day and was told my fibre order is in delay and requires some exception to be cleared that would require an engineer visit booked for Wed 25-April. 25th comes along and no news, I phone up mid afternoon for information and I am told a different engineer visit needs to be booked which will be on 30-April. 30th comes still no broadband and I am told the engineer visit is booked for 2-May.

I am without Broadband for 12 days and counting. If we hadn't been cut off from the previous internet service with Sky I wouldn't be so disappointed with the whole affair. My wife's a home worker and this has impacted her work and so my child who uses the school online website for studies. I'm forced to purchase mobile broadband and so far have spent in these 12 days more than I would pay Plusnet for a year's worth of Plusnet broadband!

Can anyone please advice if there's any compensation due for delays of this kind?

The real test of customer service is when things go wrong and I'm afraid Plusnet tagline 'We'll do you proud' failed to live up. My advice to new comers would be to avoid Plusnet.

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband activation delays .. 12 days and counting

Sorry to learn of all the delays that have affected your order. 

I can see that we're all set for this to be finalised on the 2nd and yes we'll arrange a refund for any downtime as well as a good will gesture.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
plususer1

Thanks Adam for the response. 

I do hope everything gets finalised for 2-May and we have a working broadband service.

As a suggestion to your process on new broadband service, would be to change the process such that you do not switch off service from previous supplier until you are confident it can be provided on plusnet or if the transfer failed then revert to previous service and work in the background to fix the issues. Appreciate there could be challenges here but think from a customer standpoint to redefine your processes, atleast the customer will have a working broadband and is not cut off indefinitely. 

Appreciate your goodwill gesture as the unexpected cost of mobile broadband and data topup the last 12 days has burned a hole in our budget ..

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@plususer1 I suspect there is a lot more to your story than displayed here. For some time, the way to switch broadband suppliers has been to let the new/gaining supplier do everything. People who let their existing suppliers know they are moving often seem to run into problems. Not least their existing suppliers stop the service.

There also seems to be problems when people move from a LLU supplier - Sky Talk Talk and others to BT Wholesale provided suppliers - PN EE and a;so others.

Unfortunately the real cause of peoples issues is often hidden, but like many other services the more you know, the better the service you can get! 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Disappointing experience here: at the moment there is no transparency over what has gone wrong - PlusNET order / engineer appointment booking failure or BTOR engineer availability.

For a migration from a LLU provider, a SIM provide is essential, for at the point a LLU phone service is swapped any associated broadband service will cease.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I've checked your account and I can see your order has completed this morning.

From what I can see your broadband order was stuck within the wholesale systems which resulted in the work for the broadband side of things not being allocated to an engineer at the time the work on the phone line completed.

Apologies for any inconvenience this had caused you.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
plususer1

Fix

Hi,

I can confirm my fibre BB went live yesterday evening. There were some issues with the router not syncing with the server properly. Router showed a steady blue light but wasn't able to go online. This was sorted out with a phone call and a manual reset of the router. Many thanks to all who worked behind the scenes. A number of cascading errors .... hopefully opportunities there to improve that will help others. All's well that ends well!. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that this is finally resolved for you @plususer1

Please let us know if you need any further assistance in the future.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet