cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation delay

Tiptoptiptop

Broadband activation delay

I recently moved home and my broadband was due to activate on Monday 8th June, which it did not. On Tuesday morning I was informed the order had not progressed and would complete within 48 working hours, which, surprise surprise, it did not.
On Thursday 11th I was told it would take another 48 working hours, which would be Monday 15th June.
So, after being promised it would be activated on the 8th, it's now a week later. Every person I have spoken to has told me something different and I have not been allowed to speak to a manager. I find this service awful and aside from one or two plusnet workers, have been fobbed off with one excuse after another.

My advice.. Avoid plusnet.
5 REPLIES 5
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Broadband activation delay

Hi @Tiptoptiptop

Welcome to the community forums. I am sorry to hear about the delay on your orders. Please feel free to private message me your Username so I can look into this for you.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Not wanting to appear a pedant, but in case this drags on you might want to change "June" to "May" in the opening post ... so that later on there can be no confusion!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Tiptoptiptop

Haha yes of course it's May. And thks Ben, I'll message you.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@Tiptoptiptop Unfortunately Ben isn't in today so if you can send me a PM I'll get this chased up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I've found your account from your forum details.

Sorry to hear of the delays you've experienced with your broadband order completing.

Reviewing your account, it looks like it was stuck in our suppliers systems for considerable time until it was escalated to a BT Wholesale manager where the order was escalated and completed shortly after.

Everything working OK with your service since it completing?

Once again, many apologies for the delay you've endured.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet