cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation date passed

themer

Broadband activation date passed

"Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 13/09/2016. Please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active."

We received the above over a week ago have got our router but since then have had no contact to say our service has been activated as we were told we would. I haven't tried testing the router to see if we have gone live because we've been told not to.

Has our service gone live if not when will this go live we've now been waiting since the end of July to get broadband?

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
tstaddon
Rising Star

Re: Broadband activation date passed

Similar issue to me. I've posted another thread elsewhere about it but basically I got told it'll be active by midnight AFTER being told it was active 3 days ago. And this was after being given a date that came and went.

I have tested the router and it appears the line isn't active yet.

Allun

I'm in the same boat here, past the activation date, have either of you been activated yet?

tstaddon
Rising Star

Work in progress - I think I've got two separate issues- one is technical, the other is a data issue on some systems either with PN or Openreach that *shouldn't* affect connectivity (but you never know).

My line status is "no sync" but we have checked the wiring from cabinet to router and can't find any obvious problems. Voice is fine and we have no extensions running off the master socket. So perhaps it's the router or it's something in the cabinet / between there and the exchange.