cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation date and phone line activation date

zhyo82

Broadband activation date and phone line activation date

Hi,
I became a new plus.net customer a few days ago,and while I'm waiting for my internet services to be switched to plus.net, I got two emails yesterday,one saying that the switch for my line will be the 7th of December,and the other one saying that my broadband will be activated the 8th.
On the other hand, I got an email from my current provider, confirming they will stop the service the 7th. I'm working from home at the moment and I was told the switch would be straight forward and with no interruption,but I'm not sure if this is going to be the case after these emails, and I really need my connection not to be interrupted. What could I do ?
Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2
BKB
Hooked

Re: Broadband activation date and phone line activation date

I sign up to Plusnet on 26 October and told Plasnet would take care in the switch. On the 9 November without any notifation my phone/internet was disconnected and dispite numerous calls to customer service, I have only now (23/11/20) been given a connext date. This was even after they said they would try to fast track. I was also told I could I could transport my phone number over but I have given a new number. Plusnet's service falls far short of the level of service advtised.
zhyo82

Re: Broadband activation date and phone line activation date

I see. Thank you for providing your experience, definitely not a great start. I hope to be lucky and get a positive outcome from this.I switched to plus.net because my current provider is a mess, and after trying to contact plus.net through Facebook,Twitter,with no response regarding my case,and now here...I wonder what else I can do to make sure I'll have internet at home with no disruption. I understand some disruptions can be expected,but I really need my connection to work from home