cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activating today but no router received yet

Jopes
Dabbler

Broadband activating today but no router received yet

Hi, I ordered a broadband package on 10th August. I received an email confirming the order and paid the first month's direct debit.

I haven't received the router yet though which is a concern because I'm now no longer getting broadband from my previous provider so I'm currently without Internet access and I work from home.

Please can someone suggest how I can get the router as soon as possible?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband activating today but no router received yet

Why not reconfigure your old router to PN's settings?
The HubOne router on way to you is no great performer wifi wise!
Jopes
Dabbler

I called Plusnet this morning and was advised that the NowTV router I have is locked so it sounded like reconfiguring my current router wasn't an option. Do you think it might still be an option?
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Jopes  Welcome to the forum.

Have you received an email advising that the service is now live? If the promsed date has to be put back due to the lack of Openreach technician availability then the hub shipping is automatically delayed but sometimes the customer is not advised.

Note that not all ISP's hubs will work with Plusnet.

Your first month's charging starts from the day when the service goes live so you will not be paying during the delayed days.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Jopes and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see we hadn't automatically ordered your router in advance of your activation date.

I can see we've manually ordered it now we'll get it to you as soon as we can. Your order's not actually yet completed but it should do before midnight tonight. I can also see we've raised a complaint on your account so we'll contact you to discuss a goodwill gesture once you've got your router and everything's working. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet