Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband/Phone order start date change

FIXED
daffodilsrus
Hooked

Broadband/Phone order start date change

Hi, just completed a new order for phone and broadband but i need to specify an activation date on or after 14.06.17 as this is when our sky contract ends. How do we get the activation date changed please?

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband/Phone order start date change

Fix

Hi there, welcome to the community forums.

I've changed the required-by date on your order for you now to the 14th June. We should receive confirmation of this within the next couple of days. Our provisioning team will keep you updated.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@daffodilsrus wrote:

... I need to specify an activation date on or after 14.06.17 as this is when our sky contract ends.

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Just to manage expectations ... have you told Sky that you are leaving?

If you did, then it's highly likely that they will have slapped a service termination notice on your line which prevents any ISP raising orders for the provision of a new service until AFTER the cease order has been actioned.  Any order raised before termination will be unilaterally be rejected by BTw and someone needs to MANUALLY pick up the failed order.  After which new service orders can be placed by the new ISP ... And will take the usual provisioning timescales.

If however, you have not told Sky you are leaving and are relying on the Gaining ISP lead process, all should be OK.

@CRT - is someone able to identify if there is a cease order on this line and then pre-empt delays by asking the OP to request that Sky remove the cease order?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daffodilsrus
Hooked

Thankyou for your kind replies.

I have not as yet advised Sky, although I was planning to do so because I thought you had to give one month notice of termination of contract.

Should I advise Sky or will Plusnet do this as part of the provisioning process?

Thankyou
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Just let PlusNet run the process.  I hope the it will all go smoothly.  I've just reviewed a topic where the customer states he too did not tell Sky he was leaving ... but somehow Sky put a cease notice on the line thereby delaying the transfer.  I will watch this one with interest.  Please do update this topic with anything "interesting" that happens.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daffodilsrus
Hooked

Let's hope nothing 'interesting' happens!

Thankyou for your assistance. I will try and keep this thread updated.
daffodilsrus
Hooked

Forgot to add that surely it would save a lot of needless communications with suppliers if you could specify a start date when you complete your application online.

Ironically (as they are one and the same company) BT allow you to specify a start date during the application process..
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Part of the same industrial group but not really the same company.

• BT Retail
  • BT Wholesale
  • BT Openreach
  • plusnet
  • and other BT divisions

All act as distinct seperate companies ... which especially with the 2nd & 3rd is why it's so darned hard to get things done, to say nothing of the apparently cosy and preferential relationships between 1, 2 and 3 can appear to disadvantage other ISPs.

daffodilsrus
Hooked

Not looking good now... had a letter from Sky today dated 4th May stating my broadband and calls would end on 17th May?Huh

Maybe, this was in response to the original changeover date and they will send another with the 14th June shortly.
Let's hope so...
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It seems that the letter would be in response to the original changeover date, because I amended your order on the 5th May. If you don't hear anything else from your current provider before the 17th May I'd probably advise to give them a call.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daffodilsrus
Hooked

latest:
Spoke to sky (via twitter) as couldn't bear trying to ring them...
They confirmed that they have received date amendment to 14th June 😀
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear it!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

Let us know how your transfer goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daffodilsrus
Hooked

Ok, so the transfer from Sky all went swimmingly. Router arrived on time and the switch over all went smoothly.

Many thanks for your help on this guys + girls much appreciated GrinGrinGrin

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Success. Thumbs_Up No problems, let us know if there's ever anything else we can help with.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet