cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Live Date Gone past for the third time, with no internet

mattandcassia
Dabbler

Re: Broadband Live Date Gone past for the third time, with no internet

Just thought I should update this thread, so plusnet said they would review on the 14th becuase something to do with their system messing up with openreach.
The 14th came and i got a message saying their request with openreach is still stuck, their escalating it and will get back on the 18th

The 18th came and they just said they're escalating it more, not sure what these escalations actually mean as back in january I had people on the phone saying "they're doing everything possible" to get it done quickly... They then said they would review again on the 19th

On the 19th They said they are escalating some more and that it would be 5 working days 

On the 21st (today) they have once again given me a date that this will be fixed  and say it should be by midnight on the 22nd, so fingers crossed that someone at plusnet doesn't touch anything with their buggy system and i finally get internet tomorrow

As you can see my mobile data usuage is way over my limit for last month!
 52764726_1049451745246437_3764385079409770496_n.png

mattandcassia
Dabbler

So apparently it takes over 2 months from the original quoted live data and still no internet for plusnet to escalate the problem to what they have now told me is the highest level (DSO), Still got no internet but hopefully after going up all these escalators I may one day in the not too distant future get some internet supplied to me!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I do sincerely apologise for the continued delay with the order. Following my request for our suppliers to engage the DSO, I've received an e-mail back a moment ago advising that the the order is now committed for 11/03/2019 and this is now reflecting in the front end systems as well as the back end. Fingers crossed that's the day this is resolved.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Matt.

I've checked your order and while I can see it's not yet completed in our suppliers systems, it appears that the engineering work has finally been completed and you're up and running now:

As the order can complete at any point up to midnight, I'll check back tomorrow and following order completion I'll make an offer for a gesture of goodwill.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mattandcassia
Dabbler

Just wanted to post another update, almost 4 months later, they've finally got me on the system but the internet speeds are still horrendous, a truly awful customer experience.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's disappointing to see, sorry about that. Luckily tests I've just been running have picked up on a line fault (a split pair) I've reported that to Openreach as the fault location is noted as on the local network. That means they should be able to fix it without an engineer visiting you. 

We should have further updates for you towards the start of next week: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=189248390

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team