cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Live Date Gone past for the third time, with no internet

mattandcassia
Dabbler

Broadband Live Date Gone past for the third time, with no internet

I placed a house move request on the 18th of December, I was told it would come through on the 4th of Jan, The 4th of Jan came and went, no internet and I had to phone Plusnet to ask why, I was then told it would take until the 29th, which came and went and again Plusnet did not let me know why it wasn't working, I had to waste my time on the phone in queue's to get in touch, I was then told the 30th, which has now gone past.

I expect to be told when something has gone wrong, and I expect for plusnet to deliver when they promise connection dates. The worst part is as part of the house move I started an 18 month contract so i'm stuck with this awful company or have to pay to get out!

20 REPLIES 20
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: Broadband Live Date Gone past for the third time, with no internet

Hello @mattandcassia 

I am deeply sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your House Move order.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

mattandcassia
Dabbler

So it's now going to be the 4th of November, I initiated this on the 18th of December. I was ill informed when I foolishly updated to the new contract which actually costs more than i was paying before for nothing extra! As well as being stuck in for 18 month. And for taking as much money as they can off me they still can't give me any internet.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @mattandcassia

Thanks for getting in touch and I do apologise for the issues you have experienced.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

- Warwick

mattandcassia
Dabbler

Still no internet Sad

mattandcassia
Dabbler

Still no updates from plusnet, I am yet to experience a deadline that plusnet set where either the internet works or they get in touch with me to let me know what their excuses are this time looks like I have to do all the leg work to try and get any information from plusnet, might have to join the phone queue again...

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Given the track record so far, PN may find it difficult to hold you the 18 month contract should you wish to try another supplier.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello, @mattandcassia I do apologise that you have not received an update in regards to your query.

I have updated your ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks. 

mattandcassia
Dabbler

Hi @MauriceC,

Can you recommend the best way to cancel my contract? I did pay the landline up front last year so I would like to receive that back too? The last time I tried on the phone they just fobbed me off saying there's nothing I can do.

Many Thanks

Matt

mattandcassia
Dabbler

Also just to update on this thread, they have now told me that the landline is set up - which I have never used...  and don't intend to so thanks for that... Angry
And now they say the internet should be on the 7th of Feb... note the intial request was made on the 18th of December! and i have now racked up 130GB download on my mobile contract!

mattandcassia
Dabbler

Yet another deadline come and gone still no internet I want my money back and a full cancellation!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry for the delay with your order Matt.

If you want to cancel your contract you'd need to call our cancellations team on 0800 013 2632 although they closed at 8pm.

I've taken a look into this for you and it looks like your broadband order was stuck in the supplier systems where it didn't automatically progress to a point where an engineer was allocated out. I can see that has been progressed as of 05/02/2019 and we've been given a date of 14/02/2019 for an engineer to go out to the cabinet to complete the work.

Unfortunately there's not much we can do to speed this up as it'd be based upon engineer availability and to be honest cancelling now and moving to another provider while your decision would ultimately delay things further as you'd be starting from scratch with regards to the phone line and broadband. 

If you can drop us a reply over here once you're connected hopefully next week unless the engineer runs into a problem like a equipment fault etc that they can't fix on the day, we'll be happy to discuss a gesture of goodwill.

Thanks.

[edit]

That said I can see our suppliers have agreed to provide an expedited slot for the engineering work to happen, so I've taken them up on the offer and I've submitted a fast track request. This would still be based on upon engineer availability so it may not actually bring the date forward but we're doing everything we can to get you connected as soon as possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just to update you on the fast track request, our suppliers have advised us that they've sent an email to Openreach to expedite the order. We should receive confirmation of the new completion date within the next 4 hours, however if there are a high volume of requests it can take 24 hours to receive an update.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've chased this up with our suppliers and they've put the expedite through selecting 11/02/2019 PM slot. The engineer won't need access to your property, the appointment is purely for them to go to the cabinet to complete the work.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just me again. Unfortunately the expedite request has caused the order to get stuck in the Openreach systems in an "amend-pending" status, which means that an engineer won't be assigned today and I'm afraid likely won't go out on 14/02/2019 until the order is committed again.

Openreach have raised a bridge case which is basically a task with a back-end team to manually progress the order and fix the system issue and we've been advised to review back on the 14/02/2019 for an update on the completion date.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet