Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband 1 month late - refund?

janice171
Dabbler

Broadband 1 month late - refund?

Hi,

I paid in advance for my PlusNet account but the Broadband is a month late...presumably I will get a refund for this delay?

Thanks

J

6 REPLIES 6
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Broadband 1 month late - refund?

That's right. The charging for your broadband will be begin once you're account is activated.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @janice171 Welcome to the forums.

When you sign up to Plusnet we take the initial payment in advance, once your account activates that day becomes your billing date and we begin charging you for the services but as you've already paid there is nothing to pay until the next billing date.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
janice171
Dabbler

Thanks.

Well an engineer came to put the line in on 8th Feb but apparently the Plusnet team forgot about our broadband so that won't be happening until 17th March. So obviously I don't want to start paying until March 17th.

Not a great start:-/

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I am really sorry to hear of this. I've looked into your account and I can see we've sent you the following automated service notice by email on the day you joined us.

What happens next?
==================
* An engineer needs to install your phone service
* This will happen on 08/02/2017 AM
* Once your phone service is up and running, your broadband will normally be ready in a further 5-7 working days
* Sometimes, circumstances beyond our control may alter your switch date. We'll keep you informed of any changes

Many apologies for the delay though, we'll get you up and running ASAP which is the 16th March but can happen at any point up to midnight.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
janice171
Dabbler

Yes that's right. So presumably i will be refunded the first month as i've not had a service and in fact could end up having to pay over the odds with my current provider for extended usage.

Could you confirm this will be the case?

Thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I can confirm that what you've paid for your broadband won't begin until the order completes/your account goes live.

As for covering the cost you've incurred from your previous/current provider this isn't something we can provide a refund for I'm afraid.