Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizzare and disappointing situation for fibre order

Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Bizzare and disappointing situation for fibre order

After a few months waiting for FTTC availability following a house move and downgrade to DSL the connection showed available in the checker on 21 October. I was promptly on the phone with customer service and I got an activation date of the 3 November with estimated speed of 76-80

On the 27th of October I got an email that my order has completed however nothing had happened. My order was still planned for November 3.

Today the DSL went offline but when I came back home nothing had happened. After 52 minutes on the phone it turned out that the new date is November 17th. This without any communication in between or update.

Meanwhile the DSL checker shows FTTC available but speed between 45.2-63.5 which is a drop of 30mbps from the estimate I was given that led me to get Fibre extra.

I am annoyed that nothing is happening and that I have been sold a product that is not going to be delivering the goods as expected. But more than anything the lack of communication and update which is not what I had experienced before with plusnet

I hope now this will go through but I am annoyed about the fibre extra and the incorrect information provided. I presume I can downgrade but I am not confident I will get a good price.

2 REPLIES 2
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Bizzare and disappointing situation for fibre order

I bet that quote said "up to 76Mbits" or sometimes "up to 80Mbits".

You have been deceived.

If you downgrade your download (to save money) Plusnet will downgrade upload speeds from 20Mbits to 2Mbits.

Note that you are just outside the 14 day cancellation period...

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Interceptor121
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Bizzare and disappointing situation for fibre order

The email says

We estimate your broadband speed should be between 65Mbps and 80Mbps and your minimum guaranteed access line speed is 57.9Mbps.

3. If you've followed the above two steps and we can't provide a speed equal to or better than the minimum guaranteed access line speed, you should contact our support team and we'll work with you to try and get the matter resolved. If the fault can't be resolved, you'll be able to end your contract without charge.

For what concerns cancelling the order I am not that bothered as looking at point 3 above there is a good chance I can cancel anyway as the max is 63.5 and minimum 45.2.
I don’t even think it is necessarily plusnet for what concerns the speed but the communication or lack of thereof is appalling