Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport via Sky box order

FIXED
ptw62
Hooked

BT Sport via Sky box order

I placed an order for BT Sport via Sky on 15th December 2019 yet have not received new Sky card or indeed had any communication from Plusnet other than the screen shot I took when I placed the order. I can't see anything on my account that confirms the order. Can anyone help me since Plusnet chat is not available - guess its Christmas party or something!

Moderators Note: Personal information removed from attachment.

12 REPLIES 12
NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: BT Sport via Sky box order

@ptw62
Have you tried to see if it is working?
Make sure you try the SD channels if you didn't pay for HD.
The system told me I needed a new card but I never got one and didn't need one because it simply started working.
I never heard any more from Plusnet.
The Plusnet communication on this was simply wrong or non existent in my case.
Let us know if it is working.
ptw62
Hooked

Thanks for responding so quickly Nigeboy but yes I have tried it and BT Sport SD (didn't order HD) is not enabled on the Sky card # I requested. I have 3 Sky boxes (Multiscreen) and I have checked them all just in case - all the same and no BT Sport SD access.

NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Okay, no worries. I can't remember how long mine took but it was a few days.

I think I ended up leaving my sky box on one of the BT sport channels overnight in the hope it would update. Certainly in the early days of sky digital they recommended going to the affected channel to get card updates quicker. Probably makes no difference now but I believe they are still sent via satellite at least on Sky+ HD boxes.

Good luck in sorting it quickly.
steedie1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have BT sport via sky platform, it isn't on the sky card, it is activated when you sign up to have BT sport, it shouldn't take more than 24 hours.

I had to phone plusnet to get them to speak to sky to sort it out in the end, which once they spoke to sky only took about 15 minutes, all they need is your sky card number.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @ptw62,

As others have advised you shouldn't need another viewing card, we should be able to just activate it on your current card. The reference for this is listed on this ticket at the bottom. Can you check that reference and make sure it matches. If it doesn't can you pop the correct on on that ticket and let us know and we'll get someone with access to activate it in the back end system. 

ptw62
Hooked

Hi JOLO

The number of the Sky Viewing card on that ticket is correct. I have added that as confirmation on that ticket.

Thanks in anticipation!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @ptw62,

Thanks for confirming this for us. If there's anything else we may be able to assist with then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
ptw62
Hooked

Erm well Alex H I'm afraid its still isn't working.

It's now been almost two weeks since I placed the order and at that time supplied the correct Sky viewing card number (& other Sky account details I must add) which your online ordering system requested and yet I still have no access to BT Sport via Sky which I wanted as a surprise for my wife over the Christmas period and beyond to watch the Big Bash (cricket) League. I phoned Plusnet support on 23rd December (Monday) and at the end of that call he said it would be added immediately and he closed the (2nd) ticket on this matter. I remain yours singularly unimpressed and p!$$ed off! PTW62

ptw62
Hooked

So just checked again and still no Sky Sport via Sky. Heading towards 2 weeks with no access and (seemingly) nothing being done about it. Last contact I had was The MightyAJ of the Plusnet  Help Team (Alex H). I have been with Plusnet for many years now and their broadband and phone provision is very good. This is atrocious.... ptw62

ptw62
Hooked

Now celebrating 14 days since I applied online & gave all the details that could possibly be needed. 😣😭👎

ptw62
Hooked

Hooray - finally sorted just now Monday morning 30/12/19. A painful experience but eventually they did me proud 😀

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @ptw62,

We are really happy to hear that this is now resolved and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Sammy

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team