Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport app not activated

FIXED
Kmc1
Hooked
Fixes: 1

BT Sport app not activated

Hi. I purchased the BT Sport app via my Plusnet account yesterday, I followed the instructions in the email I received, created a BT ID etc. However 24 hours later I cannot log into the BT Sport app. I get the error:

"We're unable to find an active BT Sport subscription on this account"

I can see BT Sport has been added to my Plusnet dashboard. And I have set up the BT account correctly, as instructed in the email I received from Plusnet.

Can anyone advise please?

8 REPLIES 8
Kmc1
Hooked

Re: BT Sport app not activated

Hi. Can any staff help me with this please? I have done all the steps, the bt sport app wont let me log in. Please see above. Its been 2 days since I purchased. I am hoping to watch champions league on this tomorrow night. @Gandalf 

Kmc1
Hooked

Screenshot of what I am seeing:

https://community.plus.net/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/38620i7E2CD2097AD5DBAB/image-size/large/is-m...

Any staff available to assist me with this please?

Tempted to cancel now, it's a bit of a runaround all this. 

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Kmc1 

It seems that you are not the only one having problems - see this current thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/BT-Sport-order-problems-creating-BT-ID/m-p/1886668

Have you ever had an account with BT in the past?

Kmc1
Hooked

Hi @Mr_Paul 

Thanks for pointing me to that thread. I think my issue is different, as I can log into the newly created BT account ok, and I activated the BT account itself without a problem. However it is a different story when trying to log into the BT Sport app itself. I get error ID003. 

Kmc1
Hooked

This is unacceptable. 

I have tried cotacting plusnet support on this forum / via private message (no reply from plusnet staff), phone (cannot get though), and twitter (no reply). 

Is there not a plusnet staff member who can even acknowledge my support request?

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I regularly read on these forums about people not being able to contact Plusnet by phone, yet I have never had any difficulty.

The number that I always use is: 0800 432 0200

Kmc1
Hooked

Hi @Mr_Paul 

Thanks, yes, I'm currently on hold for 15 minutes to that very number. If I ever get through I'll just ask them to remove BT Sport , as they cannot deliver what I have paid for.

Kmc1
Hooked

Fix

Just wanted to leave an update here.

After 25 minutes on hold to 0800 432 0200, I got through and cancelled BT Sport. Total call time (including on hold) 41 minutes.

I'll probably go and buy it directly via BT now (even if it is a lot more expensive) - Plusnet could not deliver the product I purchased, and I've wasted far too much time trying to get support in it.