Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Engineer

FIXED
BrettGreen85
Hooked

BT Engineer

So after being with Plusnet for over 2 years i am excited that fibre has come to my area, so i ordered it, I was informed that BT don't need to enter the house but i wasn't given a date on when they will carry out the work at my property just was told 2 weeks or less, Now im a guy who like to know everything, So how can i find out when the engineer will be here and the date my fibre will be activated? 

6 REPLIES 6
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: BT Engineer

You don't have an engineer visit anymore. You'll be sent a hub one, when it arrives just plug it in (you're adsl will work with it) then the day engineers do the physical work at the cabinet you don't have to do anything. You'll lose connection briefly and upon return it'll be fibre.

Hope this helps!
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
BrettGreen85
Hooked

Ok, Thanks but how will i know when the engineer has done the work? do you guys inform BT to do it or is it just as and when BT need to do work on that cabinet? 

etdsaunders
Pro

Plusnet place the order with BT and will be given a date or will request a date. When did you place the order?
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
BrettGreen85
Hooked

It was only today, but last time i had fibre with Plusnet i was given an activation date this time i wasn't.

i had to downgrade due to fibre  not being in my new house till now Smiley

etdsaunders
Pro

Fix
You'll get an activation date when they place the order. This will be tomorrow possibly
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
BrettGreen85
Hooked

Awesome Thumbs_Up