cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Service Activated 8th May but no Router so no Service

margohants
Hooked

BB Service Activated 8th May but no Router so no Service

My Telephone and BB Service was activated yesterday 8th May, but no ADSL Router to enjoy the paid for service today. I have had no email confirmation regards the router being dispatched as promised. What is the status of my router please Plusnet, as I have to rely on my Mobile BB to use tethered wifi at my additional expense ?Huh

10 REPLIES 10
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: BB Service Activated 8th May but no Router so no Service

@margohants 

If you have any old router lying around you may be able to use that. PlusNet settings can be found at

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Brian

margohants
Hooked

Thanks BMC - Brian, good idea. I am not techy and my router is over 10years old. Though my son is comming tomorrow to configure the new Plusnet router to get my wifi products at home working at home and he is techy.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @marhohants

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm really sorry to hear that your router has been delayed - I've now dispatched this manually and it should be with you within 3-5 working days (in reality, it's often quicker).

In the interim, if you need any help configuring another router, please just let us know - we'll be happy to assist.

Take care

Dave

margohants
Hooked

Plusnet - RandallFlag, that's good news. How do I track the item to delivery is there a Royal Mail Tracking No please ? Given that it will take max 5wdays am I due compensation for the delay by way of billing Credit ?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @margohants

Thanks for getting back to us.

The router comes first class royal mail from a central distribution centre so unfortunately we are not provided with a  tracking number.

Once you receive the equipment please feel free to comment on this thread and we can arrange a downtime refund for your loss of service.

margohants
Hooked

Hi Plusnet Warwick,

My router arrived and it was installed and BB/internet is now streaming as of Friday 17th May. So the service began on 17th May instead of the due date 8th May. My son said you can check the DSLAM service / train up time to verify this ? Can you refund me my down time please ?

margohants
Hooked

Warwick,

I signed up for Plusnet 23rd April 2019 and still haven't received my redemption £75 Mastercard Plusnet reward card yet ?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @margohants

Just taking a look at the downtime - I can see that the service was connected succesfully on the 17th, - I've raised a ticket regarding your downtime here.

In terms of your cashback, could you please advise how you signed up for the services? Was it directly through our website (www.plus.net) or through an affiliate cashback site (such as Quidco, Top Cashback etc)?

Best wishes

Dave

margohants
Hooked

Dave (Plusnet),

thank you for the ticket.

I raised the Plusnet order direct on Plusnet website portal.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for clarifying @margohants

I've raised this with our marketing team and updated your ticket accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave