Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful move to new home service

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Awful move to new home service

Hi @FTTC, though I appreciate your concerns, the charge is a possibility. It would only be applicable in instances where the fault is found to be internal (the checks we advise of rule this out) or if there's damage, or if you were to miss the prearranged visit. if the fault is found to be within our side/ our suppliers side of the network then this certainly would not be of charge to yourself.

I'm afraid we can't progress the fault and arrange an engineer visit without your acceptance as it is something we have to advise of in all instances of raising a fault. I'm sorry that you do not wish to accept this and if you change your mind, then please let us know and we'll pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
FTTC
Dabbler

Hi @LaurenB @HarryB @Gandalf

I simply cannot accept any kind of liability in terms of a possible charge to my account for a potential local cabling fault when the Openreach engineer only installed it last week.  If the new installation is faulty then I should not have to pay a penalty for that, the cost should be borne by Openreach or Plusnet, not me.  I would also have to take a further half day leave from work.

From my research the fault could well be a DLM banding profile issue.  https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar... has some details of a remote DLM caution counter reset trial and a full implementation of a DLM banding profile reset on a line.  A previous forum post from a few years ago also mentioned incorrect banded profile being assigned to their line. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/55-10-Max-Sync-Speed-Check/td-p/1358025

I was told I would likely receive between 64 & 72Mbps download which I am not getting presently.

Can you again look to see what else might be causing the fault and what can be done remotely, without the need for an engineer's visit and me having to take further annual leave please.

Thank you

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @FTTC,

I'm sorry for any confusion that may have been caused by our engineer charging statement. To clarify, the charge would not apply if the fault is found to exist externally to your property - for example, if the fault is due to incorrect wiring within the local cabinet then it wouldn't be something we would pass along a charge for.

Regarding the investigation of the fault, we are at the stage now where the only option to proceed with the investigation is to arrange for an engineer visit to take place. Having tested the line again this afternoon, there's no evidence to suggest that the line has been incorrectly banded and I can see that the correct speed profile has been set.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team