cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting new phone/broadband line installation.

lhmcr01
Grafter

Awaiting new phone/broadband line installation.

Hi,
I have an ongoing order for a new line at the property I have recently purchased.
I informed Plusnet Customer Service that I was moving home and that there has never been a working phone line at the address.
I was told that an Openreach surveyor would need to come round to see what was required.
An appointment was made and I called Plusnet to discuss the appointment.
I again reiterated that there is no working phone line at the property.
Openreach came and were unable to do anything.
I called Plusnet again to ask why this appointment had been made, especially after calling prior to discuss.
I was told an Openreach surveyor would come out.
The Openreach surveyor has now been out and I am now waiting for an appointment for the next stage of the required works.
Can this be monitored as it appears others have had several problems when new phone lines are required.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Awaiting new phone/broadband line installation.

I think all you can do is get Openreach to install your phone line first.

Then contact PlusNet when it is up and running, I assume PlusNet can't do much until that happens.

lhmcr01
Grafter

There is meant to be an update soon.
There is a strong possibility that I will have to get back in touch to chase things up again.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @lhmcr01,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for the delay to your phone and broadband order, I appreciate you have been waiting for some time for your provisioning. Please accept my apologies for the ongoing delay.

I can see here that your line is in the planning stages at Openreach. Our Provisioning team are continuing to monitor progress on this and will let you know once we have a further update from Openreach about the installation.

If you require anything further, please let us know.

Thanks - LF

lhmcr01
Grafter

Hi LordFoul.
The link provided reads this:
CSC Analyst
4:18pm, Friday 27 Sep 2019.
Your order is with the line plant team and the next update will be by 03/09/19.
Looks like the date is wrong.
I have had no updates.
As stated in my first post, for some unknown reason, Openreach were sent out incorrectly, I have had no reasonable response as to why.
As many posters who have been through the same process, as a customer of Plusnet ( or any ISP) you are unable to contact Openreach directly.
And all that happens is that each company sometimes blames each other.
Any actual date of commencement of necessary works would be greatly appreciated.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @lhmcr01,

Apologies for the issue there and thanks for getting back to us.

I can assure you that we are continuing to monitor the installation. I have chased this up this morning with Openreach and have responded here.

If you require any further assistance, please come back to us.

Thanks - LF

lhmcr01
Grafter

Thanks for responding LordFoul.
Unfortunately my question still remains unanswered.
Why was an Openreach engineer sent out with an incorrect job?
I raised this issue as a complaint after the engineer had been out first time round.
Can you also look into the progress of the complaint?
Thanks
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @lhmcr01

I'm really sorry to hear about your delay. Whilst we can appreciate your frustration, we wouldn't be able to provide you that sort of information as we are not Openreach. I have come across engineers who have been sent out without cabinet keys so the job becomes delayed. When we query these sorts of delays we are provided apologies and that's as far as it goes. 

Your complaint is still open and attached to your Home Move ticket. This will be reviewed once you are fully set up. 

Kind regards

lhmcr01
Grafter

I have been informed that Openreach are visiting my property tomorrow (04/11/2019) to hopefully finish off my new connection.
If Openreach complete the necessary works tomorrow, how long does it usually take to be connected and have my broadband and phone line go live?
Thanks.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @lhmcr01,

As soon as the orders are closed down your services should be up and running. This can sometimes take a couple of hours after the visit, but you'll likely find you're able to connect and use your phone service sooner than this.