Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting broadband activation

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Awaiting broadband activation

"Drop outs" can cover a multitude of sins.  Your router log / connection time will indicate if the DSL session failed.

After that there are still a number of reasons why the link might appear to be down.  One would need a more detailed description ... "I was doing THIS and I got THAT result using THIS ROUTER and THAT OS".

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

higgy1981
Rising Star

The problem is have a multitude of connected devices, it would take an absolute age to source the problem Sad

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi, We can see there have been more disconnections than we would expect. 

We're looking into it now and will update the ticket on your account once we have more information, thanks for letting us know.

Hi @Townman

We've dropped lucky, we think we've located the issue on our end and are working on a solution.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
higgy1981
Rising Star

Its happening again today, i'm told!

JonoH
Hero

If all goes well it should be better inside the next 30 minutes, @MatthewWheeler will be monitoring the connection from our end.

Thanks for your patience.

Jono H
JonoH
Hero

As you can see from the graph below, the action taken earlier seems to have fixed the problem, if it starts to happen again please let us know.

image14950278568584

Jono H
higgy1981
Rising Star

Interesting.

The morning drops outs, would be when the Mrs was at home. She probably went out to the gym for a few hours (no drop outs between 9 and 12.

Then multiple drop outs again when she got back at lunchtime.

higgy1981
Rising Star

Im at work but i'm told i the broadband has been on and off all morning. My latest ticket says my fibre issue isn't to be checked again until the 24th May. I can only hope that the issues area being caused as they are trying to get it connected.

I am at work and wonder if someone could have a quick check for me. For what its worth its not been down since whatever was carried out last time.

JonoH
Hero

Hi @higgy1981

Looks like you are suffering from disconnections again and this is nothing today with our suppliers preparing to move you to fibre.

We've placed another order to try to stabilise this and we will monitor your account today to see if it becomes more stable after the order completes.

If this doesn't work we're going to try to raise a fault, this is tricky though as our suppliers will only accept one order per line and we're currently trying to get them to progress  your fibre order.

We will update you this afternoon.

Thanks again for your patience I'm sorry for the issues you are having.
 Jono H
JonoH
Hero

The fix that we deployed earlier seems to have fixed the issue, your connection has been solid now for over 3 hours.

However this is the same fix we've added a number of times and eventually the DLM has undone it causing the increase in disconnections that you've been experiencing. Normally in this situation we'd book an engineer to investigate but in this case with the impending move to fibre and with the issues we're currently having I've arranged for your profile to be pinned at this level.

Hopefully that keeps you with a stable connection until we can get you onto fibre.

Thanks again for your patience

Jono H
higgy1981
Rising Star

My ongoing ticket has been updated.

Reading between the lines, fibre isn't available in my area, but was sold to me by Plusnet via its website.

Who's fault it is for the misinformation is anyone's guess.

I could be wrong of course.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

That's just what our suppliers have advised us. We'll investigate this further and provide an update tomorrow.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

Still waiting on an update, any chance someone could look at this?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hey,

Sorry about the delay.

Just come off the phone with our suppliers, they've raised a task to update the routing which should be done by the end of today. Hopefully tomorrow we'll have some good news and we can get placing your fibre order.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

Here's hoping.

The adsl speed im getting is fine for my purposes. But when i switch on my PS4 to find a 12GB update or multiple updates, i die a little inside Cheesy