Did you mean: 

Awaiting broadband activation

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Awaiting broadband activation

Aye, fingers crossed!!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@higgy1981

We've spoken to our suppliers again today who still haven't managed to rectify this issue, they've advised they'll provide us with more info in 4 hours so we're going to be contacting them at 2pm.

Thanks for your patience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
higgy1981
Rising Star

Thanks for keeping on top of this guys Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

Just a bit of an update/background here. Even though our broadband suppliers (BT Wholesale) advised us that the problem needs to be rectified by the PSTN team (Openreach), after many calls to Openreach I've raised another Escalation to BTW as we believe that this issue is with the broadband side of things. We should hear back within a few hours.

Thanks for your patience here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It looks like we're making some traction here. After been passed to a division of Openreach (that we don't usually speak to), they've identified a discrepancy of records in the database and I've sent a request to get this updated.

I've updated your ticket with a bit more detail.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

Thanks for that, all a bit double dutch to me with your "ORDI Robots" Cheesy

I still don't think there is fibre in my cabinet, although time will tell. Thanks again

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

We're committed to this now. Grin

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@higgy1981 wrote:

Thanks for that, all a bit double dutch to me with your "ORDI Robots" Cheesy

An ORDI Robot is essentially a computer program that analyses and fixes discrepancies in the Openreach database.

We've received an email back from the robot, advising that no data errors have been found. (Robots will never replace people...) I've sent an email with the request back, and it should be seen by a person this time.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience here.

It looks like the robot has rejected the escalation. Sad

I've decided to investigate this a different way, by booking an engineer with specific notes to just confirm the line routing (whether it's through a cabinet, as suspected, or if it's exchange only).

I believe this should hopefully provide us with a definitive answer as to whether your line can get fibre or not.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Ye gads ... is this not a BTOR issue which should be sorted out by them at their expense?

Unbelievable that an ISP has to call out an engineer to investigate their supplier's own network. You could not make this up in a black comedy farce.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

higgy1981
Rising Star

I have no broadband ATM (i'm told)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Townman wrote:
Ye gads ... is this not a BTOR issue which should be sorted out by them at their expense?

Unbelievable that an ISP has to call out an engineer to investigate their supplier's own network. You could not make this up in a black comedy farce.

Honestly, if it resolves the situation and provides us with a definitive answer, I would say it's worth it.

@higgy1981 wrote:

I have no broadband ATM (i'm told)

Apologies for that, I see the engineer has been assigned to the job. I didn't envisage your connection being interrupted as part of this investigation. Sad I'll keep a close eye on this for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

Appears to be online again, not sure if the disconnection was Engineer related!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear that!

Possibility too much of a coincidence to put it down to anything but engineer related to be honest.

We've received the engineer report and I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Sad It has been confirmed that your line does not run through a cabinet as records previously indicated. It is an exchange only line.

I sincerely apologise for any disappointment and frustration this causes, appreciate it completely, to come this far only to arrive with this result at the end of the road.

I've updated your ticket with your options.

Engineer Notes

Job notes state from cp not to contact end user but cp only spoke to nick at plusnet to conform Job was only to confirm if routing was eo or going through pcp11.routing is correct it is a eo line

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

Thanks for taking the time to properly check this out. Hopefully my cabinet will be 'upgraded' sometime in the future.

ADSL it is then Smiley