cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting broadband activation

jamesscdow

Awaiting broadband activation

Hello there,

My progress seems to indicate that I'm stuck on the line check part of the sign up process.

Could I get an update on this?
21 REPLIES 21
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Awaiting broadband activation

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately the orders haven't been placed because your previous provider had a cease in place on your line which is due to complete tomorrow.

We can't place any orders until this has been done but we'll monitor this for you and place the orders as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesscdow

Thanks so much for your speedy reply.

What is a 'cease on the line'?

Is there anything i can do?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thank you for your response,

A cease is effectively where the current provider of the line places an order to stop the active services in the property, while that is in place we are unable to place any orders.

Once the cease goes through on 10/05/2017 we can re-start the line for you and then proceed with the broadband

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi James, a cease is when an outgoing supplier is letting the new supplier know a date that they are stopping the services, normally we would advise you to call them and asked them to remove the cease so we can place the orders but as the cease is tomorrow then there is no need, we will contact you in the next 48 hours to confirm that the orders are placed.

jwskinn

I am awaiting my broadband activation also. When I have checked the account details it has been on 'Activating your line' for a while now, despite the fact the telephone line has been installed and working since the 26th April.

Can anyone give me an update on the situation?

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwskinn - Welcome to the Forums. If the service start date for your broadband has passed then it might be worth while plugging in your router to see if the service is available. If the service date hasn’t arrived yet then its a waiting game I’m afraid. You may want to check to see if you have any updates on your account.

jwskinn

I haven't received my router yet as it hasn't passed the line activation for the broadband. It suggests it should take a week to activate my broadband line.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Usually you will get your router a day or two before the activation , have you had an email confirming your router has been dispatched , when is your activation date ? 

Regards

Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jwskinn

No order has been placed for the router yet. Unfortunately I cannot find an activation date for my broadband.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

I would advice giving PN a ring  to see how your order is progressing, it may be the case your order has got "stuck" in the system. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jwskinn

Thanks for the help. I will get on to them.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,

jwskinn, the broadband order has already completed but your account hasn't activated for some reason, this is also why the router hasn't been dispatched.

I've dispatched the router now so that should reach you within the next 2 or 3 days.

Do let me know when the hardware reaches you via here and I'll activate the account.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesscdow

Hello again,

It's Thursday now and I haven't heard from plusnet or been updated by email. I ordered the package on the 24th April and I'm carving through my phone allowance!

How can I get this switched on today!?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I've checked your account, and I can see we've placed an order to restart the stopped phone line, which should complete tomorrow. From there we'll place your fibre order and we'll let you know when you'll go live.

It's likely to be at least 5 working days, but can be pushed back due to engineer availability.

We'll keep you updated, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet