Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting broadband activation

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Awaiting broadband activation

24-48 hours is standard for fibre records to be updated following a stopped line being restarted, there is unfortunately no way for us to speed this up. I don't believe standard processes going as normal are something @LouisaMartin was asking for examples of.

The rest of the delays/supplier system issues on this one are certainly already on @JonoH's radar.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

I presume this isn't in response to my recent post @HarryB

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@higgy1981 - Correct. I was typing out my reply in response to Townman as you posted your previous reply.

I believe @MatthewWheeler is looking over your account and should be responding shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@higgy1981

FWIW I'm just another customer like you with experience of the frustration of repeated BTw failures to do the right things in a timely manner. I spend a lot of time on the forums trying to help other users. I see the same pattern of failure from BTw on a regular basis.

My background in IT was one of quality assurance, much of which involved recognising repeat patterns of failure and then implementing process change to eliminate persistent causes of failure. Sometimes change comes about only by asking challenging questions in a manner which is politely matter of fact.

In this day and age, there ought (in exceptional circumstances) be no need for things to take 24-48-72 hours as "normal" process. Such delays must be challenged ... what is happening during these periods ... is there manual intervention (in which case it could be done much quicker by exception intervention) ... if it's over night batch update of diverse computer systems then they need to be modified to work in realtime.

I am not trolling your topic, rather using your case to illustrate the consequence to PlusNET of accepting "we are in our supplier's hands .... by our throats!".

After 46 days delays down to BTw issues they expecting the customer of any ISP to wait yet more time is at best discourteous at worse frankly arrogant ... we will do it in our time ... your time does not matter ... after all there is nowhere else for you to go (not even an alternative ISP) ... unless you can connect to the other network provider Virgin Media.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

higgy1981
Rising Star

@Townman - I assumed you were a customer. However looking at your post count, it appeared that you had some 'clout' around these parts Wink

I moved from Plusnet after 7 years service, purely because SKY were giving it for free. I was always happy with the service and had referrals. I have been trying to get fibre for a while but my street hadn't been wired up yet. When i seen it was available i jumped at the chance to re-join Plusnet...and here we are!

I am still hoping that something can be done, ultimately i haven't ordered a service from elsewhere so the service could still go live. Hopefully its just the payments that need to be sorted out.

Given whats happened so far, i suspect there will be a spanner in the works, but one can hope!

I await a response from Plusnet (fingers crossed)

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

@higgy1981 I've just updated the ticket on your account with more details.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
higgy1981
Rising Star

Thankyou @MatthewWheeler for updating my ticket.

If i can get ADSL by Friday that would be great, fibre beyond that even better.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Post count - as much as anything else that comes from having spent around 10 years here helping people.

As for clout ... well let's say that I know some really good names around the place whom I can ask for help on difficult cases such as this one. I am confident that what can be done within Plusnet will be done to sort this by Matthew.

However ultimately we are all - users and Plusnet staff alike - confounded by the protracted ways BTw / BTOR work. I fear that many still think they work for the GPO when 3+ months to get a phone line installed was the norm and if you did not like it then you did not have to have a phone!

Sadly in some areas fibre connectivity is over subscribed. I've seen a 'just along the street' (same cabinet) house move result in the loss of fibre availability. Due to BTw procedures the fibre port has to be ceased on one property, released to the pool and then allocated to the new property. If there's a queue of others waiting for a free port the moving party could loose the fibre service. Of course customers see this as the ISP's fault. BTw / BTOR is at times not fit for purpose, but they appear to be completely teflon coated. Whilst Ofcom continue to refuse to accept direct complaints form end users, BTw knows it can bully ISPs into remaining mute about shoddy delivery.

All I will say further is that I have seen Plusnet do everything possible to sort things out when they go wrong, but no one can do anything much when having to depend on a supplier who tells blatant lies and has 48 response windows for every question asked ... even when escalated to the highest level of complaint within BTOR. And I've experience some corker of lies told by BTOR and exposed them for it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

higgy1981
Rising Star

Have just received a ticket update saying that 'in order to deal with your query proficiently, I would advise you contact our support team on 0800 432 0200'

Wait time is 45 minutes, so i cant do that.

Is this a mix up @MatthewWheeler. I know there have been crossed posts in the past?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've closed the extra tickets on your account so there's only myself dealing with the issue now.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'd advise to ignore that response you were given.

We'll keep you updated via this ticket.

Apologies for any confusion.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf i'm glad i checked

higgy1981
Rising Star

Its only fair that i give credit where its due.

I am online, with my Plusnet broadband connection. Thanks to everyone involved, there are too may to tag.

Its disappointing that it had to go as far as it did to get a result, but i am right back to a stable 20MB adsl connection and cant complain about that.

I am still hoping for fibre and hope @MatthewWheeler is on the case.

Here's to another (at least) 7 years excellent service Cheesy

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Aye, we are.

We should have an update on the 17th in regards to that.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

Not related to activation but as my fibre issue is till ongoing i though i would ask here Smiley

My partner was at home yesterday while i was at work, apparently the internet was dropping out all day. It dropped out 5 or 6 times last night (between 5 & 9pm) when i was home.

My question is, can Plusnet tell if it is a disconnection from the exchange or drop outs of my Wifi?