Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting broadband activation

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Awaiting broadband activation

Hi @higgy1981

Sorry about all the delays, I know its frustrating but we really are doing all we can to get your services online as soon as possible.

The order was rejected again by our suppliers on Thursday evening. Your account is being monitored by @MatthewWheeler who picked this up Friday morning with our suppliers and they've promised him an update today (somehow though he forgot to let you know).

I'll get him to update the ticket now so that you know exactly what's going on.

We haven't received that yet, but we've already seen some movement.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
higgy1981
Rising Star

For anyone looking in and is interested.

Plusnet have not responded adequately to my ticket.

What they have done has told me they need to cancel and re-order my phone and broadband order, without the definitive timescale i asked for.

higgy1981
Rising Star

Thanks for trying @JonoH

But the ball is just being kicked further down the road, with more empty apologies.

higgy1981
Rising Star

'Your new Home Phone service should be available on 8/5/2017'

Phone line has actually been working since Wednesday last week, however at least some communication.

Im standing firm on my stance regarding broadband, need an answer today.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @higgy1981,

I'm aware that the phone line has been working for sometime and I really am sorry that this issue is not yet resolved, unfortunately our suppliers records did not show your line as active despite the fact that it clearly was. Their records have now been updated but we were unable to progress your order until the records matched.

We're fully committed to getting you online as quickly as possible, today for example our suppliers have ceased your line (we noticed and reactivated it within a few minutes) we're waiting to be able to place your fibre order but at this time we're still not able to do this. Once we're able to place the order and it commits we will be chasing for them to prioritise the provisioning of your service but unfortunately this means that we cannot give you a confirmed date of when your service will go live as it's out of our hands.

What I can promise you though is that we're (especially @MatthewWheeler) looking at this order multiple times a day to move it along as quickly as possible.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
higgy1981
Rising Star

And if the order is 'rejected', again? We go back to square one, again!

@JonoH surely there can be a 'ball park' date?

higgy1981
Rising Star

Who wants a laugh?

£63, 45 days, multiple tickets and this thread.......

Thank you for your interest in Plusnet fibre.

Important news about your fibre order.

Whilst we've been processing your order for fibre broadband we've discovered that although you live in a fibre enabled area, there are no spare connections available in your cabinet yet.

Please call us as soon as possible on 0800 013 2632, selecting option 1 and then 2 so we can talk you through the options that are available. These are as follows:-

1. Change your order to Unlimited Broadband

Whilst you are waiting for fibre broadband to become available, you can change your order to Unlimited Broadband which runs on copper wiring. To do this please give us a call on 0800 013 2632, selecting option 1 then 2. We'll then test your line, give you an estimate on the speed you will like get and discuss package options.

You can then upgrade to Fibre once it shows as available on https://dslchecker.bt.com and then by contacting our Customer Options Team to discuss offers available.

2. Cancel your order.

If you'd rather cancel your order completely, you can do so free of charge by calling us on 0800 013 2632, selecting option 1 and then 2.

Please note that fibre availability will be the same for any other internet service provider that uses the BT network.

We're really sorry about this and hope to get you connected as soon as we can.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post released from spam filter.

higgy1981
Rising Star

Haven't even been offered a discount on ADSL over the telephone Angry

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

This is most likely due to the records for your line having not updated yet.

It can take up to 24 hours for this to happen.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
higgy1981
Rising Star

Insightful Matthew! At least you didn't offer up another empty apology.

As far as i am concerned any member of the Plusnet who have been on this thread apologising and promising this that and the other are either

a) negligent

b) a liar

Its that simple for me

higgy1981
Rising Star

I've cancelled my order, mainly out of principle.

Plusnet took my money (£63 on 28 March) and left me with NO service for 45 days.

When pushed (today) i was advised that there was actually no room in the exchange for my fibre order.

Offered me ADSL, without any kind of discount for the disruption caused.

The End. Pathetic from Plusnet Angry

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@higgy1981 wrote:

I've cancelled my order, mainly out of principle.

Plusnet took my money (£63 on 28 March) and left me with NO service for 45 days.

Sorry to hear you've cancelled due to the delays.

While I do appreciate it's been a frustrating time, I can assure you that we were doing all we could to get this matter resolved as soon as possible for you.

@higgy1981 wrote:

When pushed (today) i was advised that there was actually no room in the exchange for my fibre order.

The update you got advising this was incorrect, as per the previous response from Matthew.

@MatthewWheeler wrote:
This is most likely due to the records for your line having not updated yet.

It can take up to 24 hours for this to happen.

Once the records were updated we would have been able to get a fibre order in place for you and request that our suppliers expedite this due to the delays caused by them rejecting the previous order and not closing the phone order as complete following the activation of the line.

Again, I am sorry to hear you've decided to cancel and go with a different provider. I do wish you all the best moving forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

Just another mistake from Plusnet then.

I could have actually got fibre, which I wanted.

I haven't actually ordered from elsewhere yet, but as stated I am finished with Plusnet, as a matter of principle.

The irony is I used to be a customer ([Removed]) and had 4 or 5 family/friends join as well.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@JonoH @LouisaMartin @adamwalker - another one for review of provisioning failures arsing for "help" from your suppliers? Expecting someone to accept yet another 24 hours wait whilst BTw twiddle their fingers considering they have had 45 days to get this sorted is a bit rich. Yes I know you are in the hands of your supplier, but their hands are around your corporate throat.

So sad that's another customer lost before they actually get connected. How many more before someone sorts out the shambles in BTw?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

higgy1981
Rising Star

I'm being trolled my the broadband gods!

My partner has contacted SKY to switch back our broadband after this fiasco. SKY have said that there isn't even a space in our exchange for normal ADSL service. You couldn't make this up!!

So @MatthewWheeler @JonoH @Townman @LouisaMartin @adamwalker are you able to halt my reimbursement and let the order continue?

Incidentally i have just received a text stating my broadband will be activated on 13/05

I eagerly await your response