Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting broadband activation

Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Re: Awaiting broadband activation

Thanks. I'll get that kick off.

As a way of waiting until my broadband is activated - could PlusNet provide me with a loan of a free pre-paid 4G dongle?

That could off set the costs and time I'll need to wait until we finally get the Internet.

That is something positive that PlusNet could do to alleviate the situation.
jamesogrady
Hooked

This is a great idea.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I am sorry to hear you guys are still unable to connect to the internet.

@Steveyw2002 wrote:
I've now been told my question is on hold until the 24th April. Clearly a workaround to keep those helpdesk stats up and at the same time infuriate me. The question is still OPEN - if it's on hold nothing will happen. How to frig the stats eh?

We place a question/ticket on hold when there's nothing that we can do at this point. In this case we are awaiting our suppliers to complete your order so that you're able to get online.

For example, if the question wasn't on hold, it would remain in the ticket pool to be picked up by our support team, likely before the estimated completion date and there wouldn't be much we can do until after the target date has elapsed.

@Steveyw2002 wrote:
'Due to a known issue'. Having a read around the forum this has been a known issue for weeks (if not months) yet you still in good conscience took my order knowing you couldn't activate it. Now that is not good practice.

The known issue I was referring to was...

Anoush wrote:

...that our system is sending out this notification instead of the one where it says you've ordered a router.

Which is not related to the problem you're experiencing with being unable to get online.

I'll be happy to check up on things for you both tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Thanks Anoush.

Multiple people have the same issue as me just check the forum. Disappointed you refer to another problem all together and try to deflect this systemic issue.

Re the question...You can still actually help me rather than unilaterally put the question on hold - you could give me a 4G dongle until you fix the systemic issue. You mention supplier but who you mean is BT Openreach. Oh and wait BT own PlusNet so you can't say your waiting on a supplier. In any case that is a terrible excuse. Does that mean you are not managing your supplier properly? Er sorry your not managing your INTERNAL resources correctly?

When will you finally resolve this issue and stop delaying and deflecting?

Steven

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for getting back to me Steven.

Multiple people have the same issue as me just check the forum. Disappointed you refer to another problem all together and try to deflect this systemic issue.

Compared to how many orders progress through the systems, the ones that experience delays are a relatively small number, having said this I'm not trying to justify the fact that you're having problems.

Re the question...You can still actually help me rather than unilaterally put the question on hold - you could give me a 4G dongle until you fix the systemic issue. 

That's not something we're able to do I'm afraid, however I'll pass on internal feedback regarding this.

You mention supplier but who you mean is BT Openreach. Oh and wait BT own PlusNet so you can't say your waiting on a supplier. In any case that is a terrible excuse. Does that mean you are not managing your supplier properly? Er sorry your not managing your INTERNAL resources correctly?

Our suppliers (in this case, BT Wholesale) are not able to give preferential treatment to us even though Plusnet are owned by BT Group. Openreach/Wholesale are required by regulation to provide a fair and equal service to all ISPs.

We have set service level agreements for the way that they action issues we notify them of.

When will you finally resolve this issue and stop delaying and deflecting?

Anoush wrote:

I'll be happy to check up on things for you both tomorrow.

Once again, I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Thanks again Anoush - I do appreciate you havent created this problem but still it's equally frustrating for me.

My point still stands though. If this is a known issue Plusnet have accepted my order despite knowing their would be a problem. There are many things Plusnet could have done to alleviate this (inform me ahead of time, delay switch over, 4G dongle) but you haven't. Your brand new customers just aren't a priority. Why isn't everyone affected with this systemic issue? Could I have a technical description of the issue? I don't believe Plusnet have acted in good faith or in good conscience. I would like to have a manager response from Plusnet on this matter.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

An open exception was generated which is an order related issue within our suppliers systems. It isn't something that generally can be predicted. To resolve this it requires manual intervention to complete the order.

Looking back on the order history, at no point were we advised of this delay. The day after the order was supposed to complete, the 20th April, we received no notification from our suppliers. The order was simply still committed for the 19th.

We contacted BT Wholesale on the 20th, and our suppliers advised us that the order had completed with Openreach as expected but not in their applications. We were asked to check back within 48 hours.

We chased our suppliers today following your order still not completing, and they have raised a bridge case which is an escalation to get the order manually completed. The lead time for this is another 48 hours I am afraid.

I believe one of my colleagues from our customer relations team has replied to your complaint ticket, I am sorry if that isn't the response you were expecting, but we are trying to get this resolved for you as soon as we possibly can.

I appreciate the inconvenience caused and I apologise for this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just following up on this Steven, we've received an update from our suppliers.

For openness I'll copy and paste the notes for you:

Good Morning. Order has been delayed due to VLAN issue on this exchange associated to a NuNCAS Bug. We have urged this with our developers. Review date: 28/04/2017. BT Wholesale apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you!

We will continue to monitor this for you. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

What is a NuNCAS bug?

jamesogrady
Hooked

'Review date 28/04/2017'
Is this the date it should go live?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Browni wrote:

What is a NuNCAS bug?

I'm told it's a system issue, which appears to be at the exchange from the notes we're given.

@jamesogrady wrote:
'Review date 28/04/2017'
Is this the date it should go live?

Just checked your account too, @jamesogrady and it's the same update. It's a review date, I'm hoping it's when the order should complete but we'll need to wait and see I'm afraid.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamesogrady
Hooked

I was told it was going to complete tomorrow, 26/04/2017.
If that doesn't happen, I'll be looking for a full refund and cancellation of my contract.
Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Well....I'm just home I notice I now have an internet connection. Out of the dark ages and into the light of the Internet super highway.

Thanks for your support.

Now to my compensation for wasting my time and being 1 week late.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear that, it looks like your order completed half an hour ago. I'll update the ticket on your account to reflect this and also with an offer of a gesture of goodwill for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@jamesogrady wrote:
I was told it was going to complete tomorrow, 26/04/2017.
If that doesn't happen, I'll be looking for a full refund and cancellation of my contract.

Good news, your order completed yesterday evening and your account activated at around midnight. Phew.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the delay.

I'll update your ticket too to reflect this, also with a gesture of goodwill as well.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet