Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting broadband activation

Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Awaiting broadband activation

Hi,

Switched from BT on 19th April and yet to have my Plusnet broadband activated.

Any idea how long this takes?

This wasn't mentioned as part of the switchover.

Steven
112 REPLIES 112
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Awaiting broadband activation

Hi there, welcome to the community forums.

I've checked your order and I can see that our suppliers have advised us that the order has completed with Openreach, but it's still in progress with on their systems which will complete in due course.

Having said this, since the order's completed with Openreach I've manually activated your account on our side now to allow your connection through. You'll receive automated notification shortly.

If you're unable to get online within the next few minutes, I'd advise waiting until midnight for the order with our suppliers to fully complete. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Any questions feel free to let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Thanks.

I've received the confirmation that my broadband is activated - but oddly it said I didn't order a router and should use my existing router hardware?

I've tried on the off chance and still don't have access to the internet.

Cheers
Steven
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for getting back to me Steve.

oddly it said I didn't order a router and should use my existing router hardware?

Appears to be a known issue that our system is sending out this notification instead of the one where it says you've ordered a router. Apologies for the confusion.

I've tried on the off chance and still don't have access to the internet.

If you haven't already and if the broadband light is steady I'd advise to login to the router settings at http://192.168.1.254 and to try to connect using yourusername@plusdsl.net and your account password.

Let us know how you get on. Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Thematt

I'm having the same problem any chance of some help?
Thematt

Try that again my broadband order was also supposed to start on the 19th April and I'm still waiting for it to activate
Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Hi again,

Tried logging into the router which was ok but still no internet.

No Internet light on the router.

Anything else you can do?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sorry to hear it's still not working. It looks like the order is still in a delayed state as a result of a back log on our suppliers systems because of the bank holiday weekend.

We'll need to chase them for an update again, I've raised a ticket with our provisioning team to investigate this. I'm really sorry any inconvenience caused.

jamesogrady
Hooked

I'm currently having the exact same problem, I was told today I would have to wait till the 26th for it to go through.

Its ridiculous. 

I wish I never switched, should have carried on with BT. At least it worked.

Steveyw2002
Dabbler

I'm starting to feel the same.

If I don't have internet by midnight tonight I'm cancelling my order and going to another provider.

Very poor plusnet!
Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Midnight has came and gone.

2 missed commitments from PlusNet.

Easter happens every year surely companies can prepare for the change in demand and resource appropriately. Blaming Openreach isn't satisfactory either - it just means you are not managing your supplier.

How do I raise a complaint?
Steveyw2002
Dabbler

Called the help desk - appears there is a fault at their suppliers systems preventing activation and now it is expected to complete by Mon 24 Apr. No guarantees that it will be fixed by then. No reason why this issue can't be fixed right now. Zero credibility.

My wife and I rely on the internet for our business and we have had to spend extra on 4G via our mobiles to keep working. Extremely poor Plusnet.

On the positive side I now have been promoted to the rank 'hooked' on the community......every cloud eh? (well if I could even connect to it)

jamesogrady
Hooked

It's beyond a joke the fact that PN basically wash their hands of the situation. I've paid a set up fee, for what?
I've also paid for my BT internet till the end of the month which plusnet told them to cancel, even though PN internet wouldn't go live when it was supposed to. So I've paid two different companies for broadband and currently have no connection.
Steveyw2002
Dabbler

I've now been told my question is on hold until the 24th April. Clearly a workaround to keep those helpdesk stats up and at the same time infuriate me. The question is still OPEN - if it's on hold nothing will happen. How to frig the stats eh?

'Due to a known issue'. Having a read around the forum this has been a known issue for weeks (if not months) yet you still in good conscience took my order knowing you couldn't activate it. Now that is not good practice.

Again - how can I raise a formal complaint?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Steveyw2002

The official complaints procedure is here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT