Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average time to switch to plusnet

FIXED
Derang
Hooked

Average time to switch to plusnet

After waiting 2 weeks from placing my order to switch, I've now been given a date of the 25th May.
Is this date a joke? I've been waiting over 2 weeks already, and now have to wait another 2 weeks!

Notice that you didn't wait to take my activation charge and first payment from my bank account, both of which were taken immediately on 25th April.

I'm seriously tempted to cancel this switch and switch to a competitor as it looks like I'm back at the start of the process now anyway.

There's been no explanation as to why it's taken so long or anything, just an email advising a date. Pretty poor customer service from a company that claims to be the best.

If I cancel the switch now, I assume all charges will be refunded?

Would be good if somebody could look into this and advise please.
6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Average time to switch to plusnet

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Topic moved to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately it looks like we didn't place your order automatically with our suppliers when you signed up.

I can see my colleague @MatthewWheeler placed the order yesterday. As we're taking over a working line, I'm afraid there's a minimum lead time of 10 working days we have to follow which starts from when the order is put through to Openreach.

If you would like to cancel for a full refund you'll need to call us on 0800 013 2632

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Derang
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf, I've cancelled now.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Fix

@Gandalf  Why does this keep happening? There must be something horribly wrong with you ordering systems.

"Unfortunately it looks like we didn't place your order automatically with our suppliers when you signed up."

No wonder you are losing new customers.Sad

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

What I would like to know is whether this was an online-initiated process or one that was the result of a telephone request to a human.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to see you've decided to leave @Derang

All the best with the provider you choose to go to.

@daveplus

It shouldn't really matter either way as the problem was after the account was created, our automated provisioning system simply didn't put the orders through to our suppliers. Sad We've passed feedback on internally.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet