cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic compensation for delayed activation (ongoing issue)

Contessa

Automatic compensation for delayed activation (ongoing issue)

I have an ongoing situation with a delayed activation of broadband.  
Should I be billed in advance for a service that has not even been up and running for more than a month?  When does automatic compensation kick in, and how does it work?  

I understand that I am entitled to automatic compensation for each calendar day of delay, including the date of the switch. By my calculations, if the service goes live tomorrow, I should have enough credit for about 4 months....

The Plusnet service should have started on 26 June, when my previous provider ended their service (as instigated by Plusnet). It didn't happen; the router had not been ordered. Plusnet moved the start date to 28 June - then only connected the landline. I received a credit of £1.25 in anticipation of a staggered start to my broadband service, but that is all. Plusnet now tell me they are about to collect their direct debit next week, but I have no confidence that the service will be live.

Should I withhold this payment?

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Automatic compensation for delayed activation (ongoing issue)

Hi @Contessa 

I'm really sorry about the delay to your order with us. 

The automatic compensation gets applied within 30 days of the service going live, there's a guide here with the full details: Automatic Compensation | Help | Plusnet

I wouldn't withhold the payment as that could lead to restrictions and inconvenience for yourself and we'll definitely give you back what you deserve when the compensation get's applied. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team