cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Plusnet really this Bad?

androidGB
Grafter

Are Plusnet really this Bad?

Applied for broadband on 16/7 and selected 30/7 for installation (changeover from existing supplier)

They say if they can't make this date they will contact you.

No contact.

The 30th came and went

Raised a service query last Thursday (30th)

Have attempted to ring 3 times , each time getting a message to say they're to busy to take a call and to try later.

Tried contacting on Twitter 10am today no response.

The thing I'd like to know is ,  is the typical of their "award winning" service , because if it is I think I will cancel and go elsewhere

I hope they don't trot out the Covid 19 excuse because many other companies are coping OK, and on the face of it their business shouldn't be affected that badly.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Andrew.

40 REPLIES 40
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Are Plusnet really this Bad?

@androidGB 

Hopefully a staff member will pick your post up here or via Twitter and sort this out for you.

Plusnet used to be very easy to contact via their ticketing system but that was discontinued by them some years ago  and Live Chat was supposed to "replace" it. That too has been discontinued and now the only ways to contact Plusnet are via the phone (which has become increasingly difficult according to the number of posts on these forums commenting as such), via these forums or via social media (Twitter or Facebook).

The service is definitely not as good as it used to be and has indeed got considerably worse recently with the blame being put on the COVID-19 crisis.As that is not going away anytime soon, Plusnet need to up their game vis - a - vis Customer Service as it is not up to award winning standards at all.

androidGB
Grafter

Thanks Jgb for getting back to me, I'm interested in what you say about the ticketing system as I had a confirmation email with a case no. and the promise that I would receive a reply within 5 days.

I'll see if I get any response, but if as it appears they are uncontactable and unresponsive to message, I think I'll have to go elsewhere and get my bank to reverse the advance payment I have made.

Andrew

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Lisabasty123

Yes they are. I am shocked at how bad. I paid and set up account 17th July, nothing since and still no internet. No communication at all, several failed attempts and calling them, all I want to do now is cancel but can’t even do that. I’m at a loss on what to do
androidGB
Grafter

Hi Lisa,

I know what you mean, the main problem I see is that you give them permission to contact your previous supplier to take over your broadband. I'm concerned that if I go to a new supplier (say Sky) and they contact my present supplier (BT) they will say the my account is being transferred to Plusnet and they won't release it.

I'll give them a few more days then get in touch with Ofcom

Andrew

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Lisabasty123 et al

No, Plusnet is not that bad. Only a tiny fraction of customers have problems.

Check out other ISP forums and you will see the same types of issues being raised.

Two to start with:

https://community.bt.com/

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/bd-p/111

Dave

jgb
Champion

@daveplus 

The current problems with Plusnet are to do with customers inability to contact Customer Services easily. If you cannot make contact and have to rely on a CS staffer pickling up a post here or on social media, then that impacts on the speedy resolution of problems be they technical or account related etc., etc.

I have no doubt that there are problems with other ISPs but the Plusnet Customer Service experience is most definitely much poorer now than in the past. In my case multiple issues with billing over the past year or more with two issues yet to be resolved after ten months and five months respectively with precious little information forthcoming from Plusnet as to the resolution of either.

androidGB
Grafter

@daveplus 

During the course of this pandemic, I have not found one organisation I couldn't communicate with apart from Plusnet.

I think the point is, that if they are really struggling, which they obviously are, they shouldn't be pursuing new business , especially offering incentives. Far better to offer their existing client base a tolerable service.

I've had enough, I'm off

Andrew

androidGB
Grafter

@Lisabasty123 

I found a form that you can use to cancel the service

https://www.plus.net/support/pdf/plusnet_cancellation_form.pdf?utm_source=customer-res&utm_medium=em...

That's what I'm going to do

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon  androidGB

That's a very good idea but I would send the letter by Royal Mail Signed For where you track the delivery 

First Class is £2.06

Second Class £1.95 

HD

jgb
Champion

It must say something when the only or preferred way to tell a communications company that you are cancelling their service is by letter post!

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@androidGB 

If you ordered on 16/07, then you are technically pass the 14 days cancellation period.

But I noticed the form has a different phone number to the normal Customer Services number might be worth contacting that one first.

androidGB
Grafter

@wakeman 

If only it was that easy, the different no. just transfers you across to the same recorded message telling you they're too busy to take your call, and try again later.

I have no problem cancelling outside the 14 days, as they have not done what they contracted to do, have not informed me, have not provided a method of communication, have not answered a ticket that they said they would in 5 days, have not replied to a Twitter PM.

More than happy to go to Ofcom if I don't receive a refund smartish

Andrew

New_bie5000

@androidGB

Exactly same problem ordered 16th July, and paid upfront for broadband/line rental and engineer visit. Email from Plusnet 16/07 informing engineer visit 29th July am and if any change would be contacted as I wasn't contacted waited all day 29/07 nothing.  Took another day of calling to find another number that didn't say too busy and cut me off and spoke to someone in provisioning who raised a support ticket, ps Plusnet blames Openreach for not progressing the order.  So that was last week, support ticket update 2 days ago order is off hold?? we will update you and still nothing. 

Already sent details to Ofcom and asked them what their due diligence process was before awarding a licence to Plusnet to operate, although knowing the Office of Fair Trading "we don't respond to individual cases" is generally the response. 

This is without doubt the worst utility company I have ever had to deal with in over 30 years - perhaps a rename to [-Censored-] is more appropriate.