cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appointment booked for a date in the past......

tamarinlong
Hooked

Appointment booked for a date in the past......

Hi,

I'm posting here due to no online advisors available and massive call queues.

I'm switching to Plusnet and already regretting my decision. My appointment for an engineer to install my new phone line was pushed back to a date I couldn't make.

I requested a new date of 15.05.18 and have received confirmation of an appt on 15.04.18.........

I've also received notification that there is now a delay but no other information. I have no idea if the appointment is going ahead.

Can anyone advise what is going on and if this is the usual level of customer service with Plusnet?

Thanks in advance for any help given
10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Appointment booked for a date in the past......

Hi there.

It looks like the adviser made a typo. Sorry for the confusion caused.

I'll make sure feedback is passed on internally.

However, I've checked your order and I can see our suppliers have since advised us there is a delay with importing your telephone number to the BT network. At the moment, the appointment date is not yet fully confirmed by Openreach.

I've been advised we should review back within 24 hours. Our provisions team will update you once we have more info.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tamarinlong
Hooked

Thank you for your swift reply.

I assume you mean the new Plusnet telephone number rather than my existing one with my current provider?

I am curious however as to why appointment dates are offered during the switching process with the knowledge that you may not be able to commit to the date chosen? Especially when relying on BT to fulfil their agreement.

My current provider will end their service on 23.05, I'm hoping Plusnet will be able to sort this out by then.

Not a great start!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries.
Unless I’m mistaken, we’re importing the number from another provider but I’ll double check when I’m back in the office tomorrow.

Unfortunately the appointment dates we offer via the sales journey are only provisional. Appointments are confirmed after the order is placed with Openreach, engineer availability is checked by their systems and the order reaches a stage of “committed”. This is usually within 24-48 hours but can be longer depending on the work required.

[edit]
In a lot of cases the provisional appointment date is fulfilled.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tamarinlong
Hooked

Hi,

I specifically stated that I didn't need my old number when I signed up. I don't even know what it is and never use it!
tamarinlong
Hooked

Also, thank you again for your quick reply. You're being very helpful.
tamarinlong
Hooked

I've now received an email stating my internet is up and running. Needless to say I'm a bit confused!

Could you confirm the start date of my service and if an engineer still needs to visit my property?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

From what I can see a landline number was entered in the online signup process at the start so our automated system is importing that number as part of the new line installation.

With regards to you receiving notification that your broadband is active I do sincerely apologise for the confusion. Your broadband order isn't complete with our suppliers yet. Looks like it was sent out in error automatically.

We should have an update on your order tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tamarinlong
Hooked

I don't even own a phone, I don't care what the number is. Is there a way to just create a new number to speed this along?

I have time booked off work for the appt on Tues and need to know asap whether this will be going ahead.

I am incredibly frustrated by this entire experience.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Unfortunately to change the number before the order is completed will entail cancelling the order and re-ordering which would likely cause further delays. We'll let you know when we have an update. Thanks for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

If you already have a working phone line supplied by BT (not Virgin) there will be no engineer visit to your property, the appointment is for work to be carried out at the FTTC cabinet so no need to be at home.