cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know of any good spoon whittling courses?

FIXED
Rez99
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Anyone know of any good spoon whittling courses?

After 14 weeks of PlusNet being incapable of providing me with a phone line/broadband I thought I would share my experience with other members – maybe you will take note as PlusNet customer services certainly are not.

I will try to keep this brief but it may be difficult.

I live in a recently renovated cottage which has never had a phone line but does have a BT distribution point on the outside of the property and the attached property (my parent’s) has high speed fibre broadband installed. After much research I decided to go with PlusNet for my phone/broadband, after all, their TV ads say they all about great Customer Service. So, at the end of March, I called PlusNet to see how long a new phone line installation would take. I was told ‘normally about a week, maximum two’ but when I placed an order online the engineer install date came back as three weeks’ time! Not a great start but I could put up with it.

Now I really wish I had made a diary of engineer visits/ customer service calls as you really couldn’t make up what follows:

The telephone number I was assigned was on an Exchange which does not service my house. The first few weeks after the order was placed consisted of several engineer appointments most of which did not happen as I had a call from the engineer saying that they could not connect my phone line as the number was on the wrong exchange for my property. In fairness, on one occasion an engineer did turn up and install a phone socket in my house and run the line to the DP on the outside of my property. I was told numerous times by the OpenReach engineers that ‘the only way to get the issue resolved would be to get PlusNet to cancel the OpenReach order and reorder on the correct exchange’. I did convey all the information from the OpenReach engineers back to PlusNet Customer Services but it fell on deaf ears and pointless engineer visits kept being booked. Also, several times during this period I was told by PlusNet that my line and broadband were now active which obviously was not the case was.

Eventually, after six weeks and countless calls to PlusNet, a customer service engineer saw the light and cancelled the initial order with OpenReach. A new order was placed and I was assigned a telephone number on the correct exchange. At last I was getting somewhere, or so I thought.

I was given a go live date for the line and around two weeks later I returned home from work to find I had a working phone line however the telephone number was neither the number assigned on the initial order or on the number assigned on the new order. Oh well, I really didn’t care about the telephone number I just needed a phone line so was happy – for an evening anyway. The next day my phone line was dead!

Now I won’t bore you with details from that date up until now but to summarize what has happened since:

• Countless phone calls to PlusNet
  • Countless online chats with PlusNet
  • Countless times having to explain the problems from day one to different PlusNet customer services representatives
  • Promises of call backs from PlusNet which never happened
  • Pleading for someone at PlusNet to take ownership of this which has not happened
  • Having to chase on an almost daily basis
  • Being told that things would be expedited which has never happened
  • At one point basically being told that I was a liar and that I had a working phone line (which I obviously didn’t)
  • Being reassigned the number to the exchange that does not service my property – go figure!?!

I am no further on from when I placed the initial order three months ago other than having a dead phone socket on my wall but continue to pay for a service which has not been provided. As it stands I cannot even cancel my order as all of PlusNet’s competitor’s websites now say fibre broadband is not available at my premises. This was not the case when I was researching a broadband provider before this debacle started and I know it is available as the attached property has it (same distribution point).

Currently, I am have been waiting for an update from four days ago but know it will be down to me to contact PlusNet again only to be told that they will contact BT OpenReach, promise to get back to me(and not bother) and the support ticket will be put on hold again for several days

I am now beyond frustrated and just angry! Spoon whittling in the woods would without doubt be a far less stressful experience than what I have endured so far.

Now, if any PlusNet employees actually bother to read this, I am an IT consultant working in the IT department of a very large Aerospace company that employs over 70000 people worldwide. I am getting more and more vocal about my experience with PlusNet and your name has become a running joke in the office I work in – really not good for your reputation! I appreciate the technical problems are mainly down to BT OpenReach and, as I often have to work with them on a professional level, I know how frustrating they can be. However, I am a PlusNet customer and not a customer of BT OpenReach!! I don’t like to ‘air dirty laundry’ but I feel I have no choice due to the lack of customer service I am receiving and this will not be the only forum that I will be sharing my PlusNet experience with.

11 REPLIES 11
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Anyone know of any good spoon whittling courses?

Sorry to hear what's happened.

I can see there's a engineer booked for the 30th to try and get this sorted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Rez99
Dabbler

Thanks Matthew,

I’ll sleep well tonight knowing it’s in the capable hands of BT OpenReach and will be resolved with an appointment on the 30th. Just like I was promised it would be resolved with the appointment on the 24th, the 22nd ………

I look forward to chasing this on the 1st July.

happytrailz87
Dabbler

same thing happening to my family and youve left my disabled chuld with her gcse exams to revise for youve cancelled my account twice rather than admit youve had problems what a joke of a company never join plusnet they clearly dont care 3 weeks still not internet or appointment disgusting company 

Rez99
Dabbler

I have just posted this on my support ticket - seem to get a quicker response from PlusNet here than on their ticketing system. Here's my post:

"Ok, an OpenReach Engineer has called me today and looked into this. Guess what he can't do anything as the number is on the wrong exchange. He says that I did have  a working line on 01453 76xxxx to the correct exchange - I agree with this as I had a working line for one day(7th June) on this number as I have stated before. However, here's the good bit, he says that PlusNet cancelled the wrong order with OpenReach. Yes - three weeks ago you actually cancelled the working line that I have been waiting 14 weeks for and reinstated the order for the line that is on an exchange that does not service my house."

All I can say is beggars belief!

happytrailz87
Dabbler

isnt it funny how they have done the exact same thing to myself they have left me with no working service and they to cancelled my order in error and are making us suffer for it complete neglicence from this company and guess what they dont even care join virgin services sorted within 3 days and they actually sort it 

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

It looks like my colleague has taken on your case personally. I'll pop him a message to provide you with an update.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Rez99
Dabbler

Well guess what, engineer didn't fix problem last Thursday(30th) but then I was told it would be fixed at the exchange yesterday. Well guess what - still no phone line last night.

Tomorrow will be 15 WEEKS!! - nearly 1/3 of a year!! How log is this going to take?Huh

Also, I had an email last Tuesday stating that if I missed the appointment last Thursday I would be charged £49.99!!!!

I did not miss the appointment, the engineer did not visit my premises and there was no point me being there. Once again the issue was not resolved but being self-employed I lost money through loss of earnings. This is costing me a fortune!!

Rez99
Dabbler

If anyone is still following this saga - I was told that OpenReach would fix the issue on Monday at the exchange(although every OpenReach engineer I've spoke to says this will never work as I have the wrong tel. number for my exchange). To my great surprise the issue wasn't fixed and I've not heard anything from PlusNet since last Friday so down to me to chase this yet again.

booandbinty

I may need something to pass the time as I am likely going to experience similar issues - did you find any good spoon whittling courses? 😉

Rez99
Dabbler

Fix

This was finally resolved mid July(took 3 months!) so I am going to close this thread........ only to have to open a new one as my download speed has just dropped by 10MB. Well nearly 2 months trouble free.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@booandbinty wrote:

did you find any good spoon whittling courses? 😉

https://community.plus.net/t5/General-Chat/Essential-course-for-Plusnet-users/td-p/1367674

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)