cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another whats happening with my order thread!

SeanBatts

Another whats happening with my order thread!

I have to say I'm very disappointed with Plusnets "award winning customer service"  the moment and fear I have made a mistake switching.

My current ISP is ceasing internet services and advised switching to Plusnet as the service they provide is from Plusnet. I followed the link my ISP provided to Plusnet and signed up with Plusnet, so far so good.

Looking at my status page I noticed there was a cross against "there is a potential problem", however, I later received an email from Plusnet with an activation/transfer date of the 8th December which is the last communications I’ve had so I presumed everything was ok.

On the 7th I still hadn't received the router, I thought I would ring the customer services team to check on my order, I rang 3 times waiting on avarage 30-45 minutes with no answer. The 8th has come and passed with another 2 unanswered calls to CS (and no other communications), I seem to be working on my old ISP (at least I haven’t been cut off)

Another 2 unanswered 30-45 minute calls this morning and no other communications I would like to know what is happening!?

14 REPLIES 14
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Another whats happening with my order thread!

@SeanBatts 

A warm welcome to the forums.  Are you switching from JLP to native Plusnet?  If yes, then I believe that follows different processes and there is good continuity of service through the transfer.

Delayed orders

There are a multitude of reasons why order processing might be reported as delayed and usually it is nothing to be too concerned about, but there are exceptions. The following are some of the common causes of orders being delayed...

• The user told their existing supplier that they are moving and the consequential action by their existing supplier will prevent any new ISP placing orders to take over the service - this needs affirmative action with the existing supplier
  • The existing circuit to the property cannot be identified in BT Openreach's systems due to errors in their data - this can give rise to the need for special processes (ORDI and Bridge cases) with BTOR to correct THEIR data
  • Something was not quite right with the order raised by Plusnet - these are usually sorted quickly
  • BT Openreach do not have engineering resources available in the usual timeframe

To see what is happening in detail, check the ticket history on your account - log into the portal in another tab, return here and click the PN TICKET link below. Look at the details of the tickets; if there appears to be no recent activity, contact support.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SeanBatts

Thanks for your response Townman. Yes, I am switching from JLP. My problem is the lack of communication, should I be expecting a new activation date, new router etc?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Check the tickets.

Not all intermediate updates generate email messages.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@SeanBatts - to my somewhat unitiated eye, your phone transfer has completed but the broadband order is yet to be submitted. The router won't be dispatched until nearer broadband completion date. I'll see if I can get somebody to take a look and make sure there's nothing untoward that requires picking up.

Edit: ignore my comments about the broadband order as it's not required - we can transfer the accounts across without it. I suspect you'll see some progress within the next 24 hours or so. Your hub should have been dispatched by now though so will have somebody attend to that.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

SeanBatts

thanks bobpullen

James11223

I managed to get through to customer services quite quickly today.  I am still waiting for my router since 30th November.  It is apparently stuck in the wretched Royal Mail strikes but customer services wont send out a new one via an alternative courier ("they just can't")  Old provider has switched off Wifi and I am also waiting for a new sim card in the post from Plusnet as well so a general nightmare.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@James11223 - ouch, that's definitely one of the worst cases I've seen, in a world where Tracked 24 delivery is supposedly prioritised Shocked

Has the tracking reference for the delivery been shared with you?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

James11223

Thanks Bob, no they said I should have received a tracking email but I never had received it.    They say that from their end they can see it has been stuck at a depot for about a week now which is strange as i thought the strikes didn't apply to tracked parcels?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@James11223 - tracking references only started getting sent to customers this week. Your dispatch was prior to this. I'll drop you a message with the details.

Tracked 24 / Special Delivery is supposed to be prioritised but it's not completely safe of disruption. The tracking suggests to me that it's in a big pile of parcels somewhere at one of the main collection centres.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

James11223

Great thanks Bob - received.   Very helpful at least im not in the dark now!   Thanks

Chrispalmer5782

Well, after three hours of being on hold, I've just been told my order placed on the 11th November will be active by 23rd December - what an absolute cluster, over a month to get it right! 

If I could have pulled the plug and had another supplier sort it before then I would have.

Award winning customer service - hardly - award winning joke more like!

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

I'm so sorry about the issues with this @Chrispalmer5782 . I can imagine it's been a massive pain for you. What I will do is keep an eye on your issues and pop this on hold until the 23rd to make sure it's definitely completed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Chrispalmer5782

I'm not sure what you mean by "pop on hold"?

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Just so it doesn't get lost somewhere I just need to put it on hold so we can pick it up for you on the 23rd.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team