cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another no reward card with a twist..

mdbarber
Dabbler

Another no reward card with a twist..

Ok so waited 10 days for email, didn't arrive, called Customer Services told to wait another few weeks, soemthing about going past allowed cancellation period, phoned back, received email confirmation of complaint saying it would be escalated and i should hear back within 3-5 days, that is now over 10 days ago...

Becoming hard work this

23 REPLIES 23
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Another no reward card with a twist..

Thanks a lot for reaching out @mdbarber and I'm really sorry to see what has gone on with thye account. I've just sent a message over to my colleague asking whether they've received a response from the cashback escalation team, and will give you a quick call once I've had a response.

In the meantime, please can you tell me exactly how you signed up? Was it directly on our website, or through a third party comparison site? If so, which once?

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
mdbarber
Dabbler

not sure now, as i said this is getting on a couple of months ago, i "think" it was direct with plusnet, i screen grabbed the offer as it had an error on it so i wanted to be able to refer to it

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks a lot for your response, I'll hang fire for an hour of so to give the agent time to respond, and will raise a new Cashback Escalation myself if I don't hear back from them. In the meantime, please feel free to send me a PM with the screenshot as well if you don't mind.

Adam
mdbarber
Dabbler

can you not access the .jpg attached to my post?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Apologies @mdbarber

There's a bit of a discrepancy though, which I'd need you to help me with before raising this to our Cashback Escalations Team  The screenshot that you've attached shows a £70.00 Reward Card for your Unlimited Fibre product, Although there's a note on the account which says you were chasing up a £75.00 Reward Card.

Please clarify which one was advertised at the point of sign up and I'll get this raised again this evening.

Adam
mdbarber
Dabbler

i told the telephone representative i couldn't remember the amount as i could not find the screenshot at the time, i "thought" it was about £75

if you look at the screenshot there are two 18 month unlimited fibre products, the first has £70  reward the second has £80, hence why i mentioned the "error"

I don't think it takes much logic to figure the first reward actually alludes to a 12 month contract that is glaringly absent from the list and that it is the £80 that goes with my 18 month contract.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the clarification @mdbarber

Adam's not in yet but I've emailed him to ask he picks this up when he is.

I would note though from having a quick look that your account hasn't been signed up on a cashback offer, which is the reason why you haven't received the automated redemption email to claim it. 

This is normally due to what's known as cookie attribution. Basically, the last cookie on the device you use has to be of the website/offer you select when you signup to us, either direct or through an affiliate.

If you for example have recently looked at various offers through different tabs/windows in your browser, then each one of them will leave a cookie on your device and can affect the tracking. It's generally a good idea to clear cookies first and make sure you only have one tab or window open with the offer you want.

They're just my thoughts. I'll leave this with Adam though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mdbarber
Dabbler

"would note though from having a quick look that your account hasn't been signed up on a cashback offer, which is the reason why you haven't received the automated redemption email to claim it. 

This is normally due to what's known as cookie attribution. Basically, the last cookie on the device you use has to be of the website/offer you select when you signup to us, either direct or through an affiliate.

If you for example have recently looked at various offers through different tabs/windows in your browser, then each one of them will leave a cookie on your device and can affect the tracking. It's generally a good idea to clear cookies first and make sure you only have one tab or window open with the offer you want."

that's all well and good, although imo flawed to assume a consumer would have that level of browser manipulation knowledge.

Having worked in IT for many years i can assure you that is not the case and maybe Plusnet needs to catch on to a more reliable way of registering their special offers against subscriptions, if i as a very experienced IT user can fall foul of this then it speaks volumes...

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@mdbarber  I can assure you it is a well known fact that browser cookies need to be cleared before signing up for cashback offers for exactly the reasons stated and I would be pretty sure it doesn't just apply to Plusnet. So despite your years of IT experience you seem to be unaware of the recommended practice in this particular situation.

WatchdogReset
Dabbler

The reward cards offer seems like a scam to me, any trick not to pay out it seems. I signed up in late May, the details about the Reward card are incredibly sketchy, it just says something along the lines of "SIgn up first and then we will tell you about the reward card," So amongst all the kerfuffle of signing up, changing from previous broadband supplier, dealing with the Plusnet broadband going up and down like a yoyo for the first two weeks, somewhere along the way they send an email with a link on how to claim and a warning that you only have two months to claim. The email to me arrived at 1.03am on 27/5/21. It is from a No-reply address, so it goes into the spam folder, I don't notice it. After around two months I'm wondering where my reward card is, I check back through my emails and find the email , today is 28/7/21. I am nominally one day late, when I follow the link I am informed I am too late, the fella on the webpage seems to be smirking at me. Why a strict two months limit, why no automatic follow up email? Is  this the reputation Plusnet want?

WatchdogReset
Dabbler

This is tantamount to fraud. Plusnet know about the cookie trick and manipulate customers into falling foul of it.

WatchdogReset
Dabbler

REWARD EXPIRED

Sorry, your offer has expired

We emailed you when you first took the offer to let you know how to claim your Plusnet Reward, giving you two months to claim it. Unfortunately this window’s now expired so you’ll be unable to claim.

The message above comes with a Smirk from the guy in the adverts and the Message " Plusnet we'll do you proud." In Yorkshire "Being Done" means being fiddled.

mdbarber
Dabbler

@ RealAleMadrid

it is also a well known fact that some people look to compensate for some deficiencies in theirs lives by attacking random strangers on the internet whilst hiding behind a perceived veil of anonymity...

pehaps you should lay off that real ale and learn to read, this was not an offer relating to any cash back or third party site, this offer was advertised and taken up solely in Plusnets own domain so your post bears no relevance.

mdbarber
Dabbler

I check my spam folders regularly and Plusnet have already admitted no email was sent, the offer is valid from receiving the email for two months, but yes,

given it is all done on their own site it really should be automatically sent with all registered accounts past the cancellation date with no "claiming" involved