cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angry customer, so peed off already

applejack04

Angry customer, so peed off already

I am so peed off with plusnet and they haven't even activated me fully yet, My original date for activation of phone AND Broadband was the 20th May, however after them taking a months payment upfront from me and having heard absolutely nothing from them since, I contacted them on the day I was supposed to have gone live only for Chris to tell me my date had changed to today 23rd, I have received an email this morning saying because my phone and broadband will be activated on different days??? they will discount my second bill for this, there is no indication/date of when I will actually get my broadband on, my next step is to go back to my original provider as plusnet is the worst I've come across and I will be claiming the months payment they took from me upfront back, if this matter isn't resolved today.

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Angry customer, so peed off already

Hi @applejack04,

A warm welcome to the forums.  Sad to hear of your trials and tribulations.

There is not much that I (another customer) can do to help here, however a bit of information might help to illuminate matters.  Did YOU advise your old supplier that you were ending the service with them - or did you just leave that to the migration process?

That action can have a marked impact on the migration process.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the delay, I'm a little confused and dismayed about the email you mentioned as both of your services did activate yesterday.

I'll make sure we look into that and do let us know if you experience any further problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Johnlewis15

I feel your pain, believe me, almost identical problems I have experienced and I still haven't yet got internet at home.  I have been given a total of 4 dates for go live.  I left it up to my new provider (plusnet) to organise a smooth transition from Talk Talk which ended on 22nd April, then given 10th May, 24th May and now 1st June.  It has been a catalogue of errors from beginning to ......... well, when it end? I have been without a service for 6 weeks by the time I get my service on.  Totally dissatisfied and dismayed to read all the negative comments on this form, I wish I had researched more thoroughly before selecting PlusNet.  It was mooted that I may be considered for a "gesture of goodwill"! I should be entitled to compensation for all the hassle, take a day off work for the engineer, no, you don't need an engineer, yes you do!!  I am very doubtful that it will work even when go live date has passed.  Good thing I am not self employed, or work from home and depend on the internet, it could cost a lot of money for some people to have to wait SIX WEEKS!!

Thoroughly hacked off and disappointed in what I thought was a solid British company.

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi JohnLewis15,

Would you mind sending me a PM with your plusnet username as I'd like to take a look into what's happened here and sort things out 

Johnlewis15

Yes I did have another account before tricia152 I was originally tricia15.  I had requested 12 months contract however, after the first one failed, and I was given another date of either 10th or 11th May I heard your advertisement on the radio advertising 18 month contracts for new customers.  So I rang and asked if I could take advantage of this offer.  Before I even agreed, the person I was speaking to cancelled my account and started a new one, when I protested he said it was too late and everything had been cancelled and refunded and I now had to wait another two weeks, hence the next date of 24th May.  I assumed this "go live" was broadband but now I'm told this was only the phone line.  I had no idea the transition from one internet provider to another could be so complicated.  I was only trying to reduce my monthly outgoings I didn't think I would have to be without a phone or internet for 6 - 8 weeks! 

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Thanks for the extra information, I'm out of the office until Friday but I will pass on feedback about that account being cancelled as it should have been amended  rather than a new account.

The new account was set to install a new line as mentioned in our PM rather than to take over an existing line, this could either mean the line was registered incorrectly by talktalk or that they remove the connection entirely which is why no stopped line was showing.

I'll give you a call Friday if that's alright so we can discuss things a bit more