Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being given the Runaround

FIXED
CyprusPluto
Hooked

Am I being given the Runaround

I signed up to Plusnet after finding their offer of a £75 Reward Card marketed on Broadband Choices. I clicked the link on Broadband Choices website and that took me to a 'Pseudo' Plusnet website where I filled in the appropriate forms and waited. My Broadband and Phone Line was set up without issue and went live on 29 April 2019.

However after 10 days I had not received my e-mail confirming my Reward Card. I contacted Plusnet Customer Services two days later and was told that as I had signed up through Broadband Choices the £75 Reward Card is nothing to do with them and I needed to contact Broadband Choices. I didn't understand this at the time and still don't - after all I contracted with Plusnet and simply used Broadband Choices as this was their method of marketing their offers.

I contacted Broadband Choices using the Customer Services email, but they have not even bothered to respond to me.

Without the Reward Card I wouldn't have chosen Plusnet and I feel now I have little choice, but to raise a formal complaint about miss-selling with both Plusnet and Broadband Choices, prior to contacting the appropriate authorities.

Has anyone else had the problem of Plusnet disowning their own offers and leaving the customer to have to deal directly with their brokers?

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Am I being given the Runaround

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Order.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @CyprusPluto,

I am deeply sorry you haven't received your reward redemption email as of yet, please be assured we will be honoring these.

There currently is an issue at the moment which my colleague Anoush has outlined in the thread @Gel has pointed you to.  There is an issue with the system we'd use to pass your account to our suppliers to send the email out. We're working on this to resolve as soon as we can. Once this has been sorted you'll be the first to know as you'll receive the email.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
CyprusPluto
Hooked

Thank you for your response SammyM, this offers some reassurance, but is not what I was told when I telephoned your Customer Services team last Wednesday.

I was told that because I had signed up via a link on Broadband Choices website, the issue is theirs and nothing to do with Plusnet. I was informed that the Reward Card email comes from Broadband Choices, not Plusnet and was advised to contact Broadband Choices directly. I was given the telephone and email address of Broadband Choices Customer Servcies. The implication was that the offer was Broadband Choices and not Plusnet's and that is why Plusnet were unable to help in any way. The question I raised with Plusnet Customer Services was then closed.

As mentioned in my previous post, I did contact Broadband Choices via their email address, sending them the screenprints of the £75 Reward Card offer and the email I received from the Plusnet Customer Services agent advising me that it was the 3rd party company (in this case) Broadband Choices) that sent out the email, but they have not responded within their timescales. This inability to meet deadlines that are not forced upon you, but set down by internal company policy seems to be infectious.

I have only learned about Grassroots and other peoples problems via these forums, but the message I received from Plusnet Customer Servcies was that it was nothing to do with Plusnet, contact the 3rd party company yourself.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Fix

Hello @CyprusPluto,

I am sincerely sorry you were incorrectly advised by one or more of our agents, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and can assure you I have passed feedback on to the relevant team.  I will absolutely send you ticket confirmation advising of what I have here today and I am sorry for the time you have had to spend chasing this up only to be told the incorrect information.

We will be honoring the rewards for any that have been affected by this issue regardless of whether it has passed the redemption period.  I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
CyprusPluto
Hooked

Thank you once again for your advice and time regarding this matter and for reopening the question I initially raised. As I'd stated earlier, the advice I received last week from Plusnet Customer Services didn't make sense and hopefully relevant training can prevent any misunderstandings in future.