cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Two Months With Plusnet Broadband Is Still Not Working

emmahallett7
Dabbler

After Two Months With Plusnet Broadband Is Still Not Working

Yes it's true. I have been with PlusNet for over two months and I still have no internet. The support page would use half a tree if it was printed out. It just goes round and round. An engineer comes out then says oh, then says I've got the wrong address and it's going to the wrong cab then goes away. So I contact PlusNet and tell them you have given them the wrong address and they arrange for another engineer and the same thing happens. It's like ground hog day!

I just want to get my money back from PlusNet and go.

PlusNet Please release me let me go and as you haven't provided me an internet connection for over two months do the decent thing and refund me my money. 

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Re: After Two Months With Plusnet Broadband Is Still Not Working

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

This sounds awfully like screwed up BTOR infrastructure data records, which if it is, you will face exactly the same issue with any other ISP. This is. It a matter of Plusnet supplying the wrong address, but rather identifies assets not being where BTOR data records say they are. We see a lot of such cases around here. Recently we saw a PN customer totally lose their service due to BT Retail incorrectly identifying a line required for a neighbouring property - because of a lack of diligence from the on the ground engineer over address details their line got moved to another property. In some areas BTOR's data is in a poor state.

These issues are dealt with by BTw / BTOR bridge cases, eaxhbtypicallybtaking 48 hours to address ... the problem being that BT* do not completely pipe clean all of the issues - just the one immediately in front of them. One case around here recently had 8+ data record issues.

Your specific issue will need input from a staffer. Who are you migrating from? There seems to be a marked association of such issues with LLU lines (ex Sky / Talk Talk).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

emmahallett7
Dabbler

Hi, this is a new line. I have not had a land line before and don't need a phone just broadband for my children's schooling which makes it more frustrating. There seems no way forward as I am still being billed for a service that I don't have and it is not moving forward. Support just book another engineer who says the same thing "wrong cab"

How can I get this resolved as it is now over two months? 

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 155

Hi,

You need a "phone" line to deliver broadband. I guess you are wanting fibre, which needs to be patched in at the green cabinet. If BTOR records have the wrong cabinet identified for the line which already runs to your house (or the one which should serve your house) in the ground engineers are not going to be able to connect you.

@Gandalf - can you assist please?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Hi there,

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for the ongoing delay with your order.

I've reviewed your account today.

Following the last engineer visit, Openreach have advised us that they have corrected the routing issue of your line. Your address is also now showing as correct on their systems. Our suppliers have now submitted a cease & reprovide request.

Whilst the lead time is 48 hours, the team that deals with these requests work Monday to Friday so we've been given a review date of the 5th June. Either me or my team will keep an eye on this for you and make sure things progress.

Once picked up, the asset will need to be ceased on the Openreach systems, and then on the BT Wholesale systems. Once this has happened, they will place a provide order and expedite it for the earliest possible date.

If you still decide to cancel your account, I'd like to wish you all the best with your new provider. You'd need to speak with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2) to arrange the cancellation.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emmahallett7
Dabbler

Thank you for taking a look at this. All I want is an internet connection. Once I have that i'll be happy and we can discuss a credit for the last two months of no service.

Thanks again and please keep an eye on the progress of this order for me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,596

Absolutely.

The ticket on your account is now with the social media team, we'll be taking ownership of this until it's resolved.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
emmahallett7
Dabbler

Thank You