Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After BT price hike, I want to move to Plusnet

scottrc
Rising Star

After BT price hike, I want to move to Plusnet

Hi all,

After the price increases, I have decided to leave BT.

Is it enough for me to just start an order with Plusnet and let them deal with notification? BT wont try charging me for leaving early if I do that will they? I would rather not have to go through the hassle of someone pressuring me into staying with BT on the telephone.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: After BT price hike, I want to move to Plusnet

Unfortunately I can't really answer that fully, as I can't speak for BT.

However when our prices increased last year and we gave the option to leave without early termination fees, I believe the leaving notification generated by the new providers order was sufficient to waive the early termination fees.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

when I moved my landline from BT to PN because of price rises I had to call them as I was mid-contract as that what was stated on the email.

You should get a mail detailing what you need to do if you're eligible and in contract.

if you're not in contract you have nothing to worry about and can just order with PN Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

You need to inform BT you are wishing to exercise your right to cancel BT broadband/phone due to price increases.

Otherwise they may add ETFs if you're in contract.

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up