cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adsl to Fibre (VDSL) order progressing since 1st January 1970 - trouble ahead?

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Adsl to Fibre (VDSL) order progressing since 1st January 1970 - trouble ahead?

According to plusnets account summary I have an order progressing, or that has been stuck since the 1st of January 1970

Also this in the ticket/questions section...

Please place fibre upgrade order and discount  for 12 months.

Workplace will not let me place the upgrade ( I have added tickets to ensure I'm paid correctly)

Kind regards,

(name redacted)

Does this mean trouble ahead?Huh

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Adsl to Fibre (VDSL) order progressing since 1st January 1970 - trouble ahead?

Hi @pint firstly I'm sorry to see we've had issues with placing your product change to fibre and for the numerous duplicate emails you've received, that's just an unfortunate side effect of me trying to sort this out.

Having put this through three times, after the second time I noticed that no order had been placed with our suppliers, so I attempted to manually place the order then realised the postcode on your account is incorrect.

I've updated your postcode to now match our suppliers systems and the Royal Mail address checker, then carried out the product change on your account a third time and it appears to be working fine now.

I'm going to keep an eye on this to ensure things progress through OK.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pint
Aspiring Pro

Re: Adsl to Fibre (VDSL) order progressing since 1st January 1970 - trouble ahead?

I was aware that the postcode listed was an odl one ( one of the numbers - a 1  was changed by the Post office to an 8 some time ago ) Letter/parcels etc addressed with the 1 in the postcode still get through.

In the member centre Customer account details, there doesnt appear to be any way to change the address only the phone number(s) Fax (??) number and email address, mening if there are any errors, or the Post office has changed the postcode  its impossible for the end user ( such as myself) to change without having to go through customer support

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification @pint 

As the address on an account should always match the address on the supplier systems I'd imagine that's one of reasons why there's no functionality to amend the address online yourself.

Although I appreciate on this occasion the supplier system was up to date but your account wasn't and the inconvenience it causes for those times you need to make minor adjustments.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pint
Aspiring Pro

Slight confusion on billing for the update....

Within the products and services section on the member centre it mow says this:

"29/03/2012     N/A     Talk Anytime     £18.99(monthly)     Active"

Question #193485137  states one price ( which i understand is the one agreed to over the phone)

Yet an email dated 25/08/2019

States this:

"

We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:

Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre

Phone package: Talk Anytime

Contract: 12 months

Hardware: None

This will change over on 2nd September 2019 and your new cost per month will be £41.98."

So hopefully the above is an error.

plus according to the system i have a next bill date of the 10th of September, yet i cant find how much this ( may) be, there doesnt appear to be any indication in the member centre of an upcoming product change, only an order placed on the 1st of January 1970, that some 49 years later is still pending

01/01/1970 - 12 months contract £0.00(upon cancellation) Pending
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @pint 

Sorry for the confusion here.

Question #193485137  states one price ( which i understand is the one agreed to over the phone)

The pricing we've agreed with you is what we'll apply.

Yet an email dated 25/08/2019

States this:

"

We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:

Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre

Phone package: Talk Anytime

Contract: 12 months

Hardware: None

This will change over on 2nd September 2019 and your new cost per month will be £41.98."

This is an automated email when a product change is put through and doesn't account for billing/contract discounts.

plus according to the system i have a next bill date of the 10th of September, yet i cant find how much this ( may) be

You won't be able to view your bill until it's been generated, but it should be in line with what has been agreed.

there doesnt appear to be any indication in the member centre of an upcoming product change, only an order placed on the 1st of January 1970, that some 49 years later is still pending

Unfortunately fibre upgrades/downgrades don't track very well in the member centre, and I think the latter is a long standing bug that has been like that for a while. Sad I'll raise this with our digital team for further investigation.

Apologies again for the confusion we've caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pint
Aspiring Pro

All seems to have gone OK, except this little fly in the ointment

"
I'm happy to confirm your fibre order has completed.

Unfortunately we've temporarily suspended the billing of your account due to a system related issue with changing your package to fibre in the billing engine. I'm afraid I'm unable to advise when we'll unsuspend your account billing however if it takes us longer than 3 months to generate your next bill we'll only charge you a maximum of 3 months leading up to the bill generating.

If you need any support once we've generated your bill we'll be happy to discuss a payment plan to split the cost across more than one month. In the meantime this shouldn't affect your service in any way."