cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address not found on database

jeffersthemove

Address not found on database

Hi, at present I am with Virgin Media but my contract has finished I am looking to sign up with Plusnet. The problem I have is after speaking to a Plusnet advisor I was informed my address was not showing and I needed to contact Virgin to get the address added on to Openreach database. The problem is Virgin and Openreach are two entirely different companies and don't share data. After reading on forums here and some info at Openreach the only way I can get it added to the database is through Plusnet. Any help would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Address not found on database

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Accounts / Billing to My Orders.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Owain_2
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

PlusNet advisor should be able to do this - it's called ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) when they take the order.

Is your address correctly listed with Royal Mail https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

jeffersthemove

Hi, thanks for the reply. I  have done a check with Royal Mail and my address comes up a a block address. By that, I mean my residence is in a community housing complex and if I put my post code in I have to pick my address from a dropdown list normally.

Thanks

Owain_2
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Plusnet new orders have to submit an ORDI request through to Openreach, it's also possible that Plusnet don't have proper access to the Sub-premises field in the Postal Address File, which may be needed to identify an individual flat in a block.

If you can ask your neighbours in the block if any have Plusnet, and get their account name or line/phone number, that might help Plusnet order another line for you in the same block but to a different flat.

jeffersthemove

Thanks for the advise,  will make some enquires.