cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activations delays without notification

Kees

Activations delays without notification

Hi,

I recently moved house and signed up with Plusnet as that is what the previous tenants used so I figured it would be the least painful to get set up. I couldn't have been more wrong. Our activation date was ten days ago and we still have no internet.

I'm tired of calling up so I figured I'd try to see if there's any actual help to be gotten here. I've called five times already and every time I'm assured they'll get it sorted the next day and they'll get in touch once it's done. It's still not done and not once did someone get in touch to inform me of any delays. I'm getting very fed up with this. I understand the problem might be with OpenReach and therefor out of your control but at least tell me there will be a delay and try and chase them up on it when you have a customer waiting for ten days (on top of the usual two weeks) for service.

The icing on the cake is that from my dashboard it looks like Plusnet have started charging us for broadband from the 18th! What a joke!

1 REPLY 1
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Activations delays without notification

Hi @Kees, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've had delays with he set up of your service as of recent. checking into your account today however I can see your broadband order completed a few days ago and both your services now look to be up and running. As your phone order completed on the 18th and your phone service available from then it means that's when your billing period will start from. On your 2nd or 3rd invoice however there are pro-rata adjustments put in place to make up for the services activating at different times to make sure you're charged correctly. Looking into the reason behind your broadband order being delayed it solely looks like engineer availability in your area was rather scarce which given the current pandemic I can confirm is something occurring in most locations currently. If there's anything we can help you with moving forwards then please don't hesitate to get back in touch.