cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation today blue light no internet

FIXED
gettingstarted

Activation today blue light no internet

Switched from sky today and totally new to plus net please bear with me.

I recieved a call from Openreach saying your fibre has been connected please plug in router etc.

Firstly my questions could be answered if i have to wait for plusnet to tell me we are good to go.

I had a blue light and the internet showed as connected on pc, i cannot access any webpages although in the connection properties its showing their is traffic received etc. I can connect to the wifi on other devices but all devices just go to the admin router page with no internet access.

I went in router and added my plusnet dsl name and my password and when i do this the blue light goes to flashing orange.

Basically my question is should i have ignored openreach and waited for plusnet, the activation email said we would be ready to go at midnight tonight, or once Openreach call should that be it, i was told to wait for a call today in the letter that plusnet sent when i signed up but obviously plusnet is my isp and not sure openreach can activate my account?

Confused

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Activation today blue light no internet

Fix

You just need to wait until PlusNet activates your account - they should send a text, and they do say it can be up to midnight.

boo1
Rising Star

hi   on   the   day   of   going  live   you  need   to   wait   for   plusnet   it   could  take   anything   up   to   12  midnight   it  should  not   take   that   long   i   ad   the   same   thing   last   september   if   you   are   sill   not   on  the   then   get  in  contact   with   plusnet   or   better   still  one   of   the   plusnet  help  team   i   am  sure   they  will   rise   a  ticket   for   you   but  i  am   sure   you   will   be   connected   on  the  day  i  hope   this   helps   from   boo1

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @gettingstarted, thanks for getting in touch. 

It looks like the orders have completed and it's showing you as having an active connection. Is everything working as it should be on your side?

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
gettingstarted

Hi

I had a text and it was flashing red, i rebooted the router and pc and it was all working fine.

We only signed up for the 40mbps fibre and we are getting 36.7 down and 9.4 up , Very very very very happy, thank you, We had been stuck on sky broadband which was poor. With the phone line and calls and fibre we are even paying less than we paid for broadband and BT,

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Glad to hear all is working as it should be!

Just let us know if you need any further assistance with anything 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
gettingstarted

Will do thanks, i am even getting 27mbps in the back bedroom which is a long way from the router.