cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of FIBRE connection

axa1962
Hooked

Activation of FIBRE connection

I placed my order on 17 JAN. After 2 weeks I rang and found that my order had not been processed by BT. It was started again and I am still waiting. Any news as to when this will be processed and I can actually have the product please

13 REPLIES 13
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Activation of FIBRE connection

Hi there,

I've looked into your account and I can see your fibre is due to go live on Wednesday.

It can take anytime up to midnight for the service to activate as an engineer will need to complete work at the cabinet and then the order will need time to complete.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
axa1962
Hooked

Thank you for the update. Here's to Wednesday. Andrew
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems, if there's anything else I can help with please let me know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
axa1962
Hooked

Does the engineer do all the work at the cabinet?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Aye.
axa1962
Hooked

Ok thanks Anoush
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

No problems @axa1962

If you need any further assistance then please just get in touch and we will be more than happy to help.

axa1962
Hooked

Hello again, last time on this honest

Thank you for the 78.02 MB/s and 20MB/s connections however the speedtest only shows 14MB/s Down and 18MB/s Up. How many days should I wait for it to settle down before  restarting the router?, or can I do it daily?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's a possibility your speed profile on our side hasn't reset quite yet. I'll take a look tomorrow once I'm back in the office.

-Edit-
To add, fibre speeds generally take about 3 days to settle. Though I wouldn't recommend rebooting the router too often however every now and then is perfectly fine.
axa1962
Hooked

Good morning. Still no better. Connected at router with speeds of 78.3D & 20.0U. Speedtest and download tested at 16.5 which is barely better than my previous ADSL. Upload is 18.9 which is nearly up to connection speed. I waited 3 days before rebooting the router this morning

What's wrong?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm sorry I didn't get back you last week.

I've just adjusted the speed profile on your account now, can you try a reboot of the router and let me know how you get on please?

axa1962
Hooked

Anoush. I didn't reset the router as I have already done it this morning. The speed has dramatically improved to over 55 so I'm happy with that. I'll leave it a few days before I reset it and try again. Thank you.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesome, happy to hear it. Thumbs_Up