Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation from sky - delay?

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Re: Activation from sky - delay?

Thanks for the reply Owen.

Admittedly it’s not the best news I’ve ever had, and is going to cause all manner of headaches with work and kids, but I appreciate the work you’ve done to get an understanding of what’s actually going on. It’s just a pity we are now looking at 2 home phone orders and now 3 broadband orders placed and another delay.

Certainly not as smooth a move from sky as I would have hoped.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for your reply @andrewjdunbar.

I can certainly appreciate what you have to say and will certainly be taking the level of failure here into consideration when I'm looking to apply credits after the issue is resolved.

If you'd like to update this post when you go live, my team will ensure that this is both fair and proportionate in relation to the failures you've experienced.

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Just wondering if there is any new update from the delay of provision? 15th April and still unsure what the new install date is.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing.

We've chased this up with our suppliers and they've advised that there's an issue with the records for the line that is preventing the order from completing.

We should know more within the next 48 hours.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Another delay? Starting to get a bit of a regular feature now, worryingly so in fact.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @andrewjdunbar,

Our suppliers have since provided an update on your order, with a committed date.

Due to the delays up to this point, I have submitted a request that they expedite this as the cause of the delays seems to have been related to routing.

I'd expect us to receive a response on this some time tomorrow, at which point (Assuming the expedite request is accepted) we'll be able to confirm your expected activation date for you.

I hope this helps.

I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has been causing. Thanks for your continued patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Hi Harry

Just wondering if there is an update with the order, or are we looking at the 23rd as a commited date now?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello, @andrewjdunbar

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this ticket by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Well, 23rd is here and fingers are crossed that this time, fibre will go live. Hopefully third (or fourth) time will be a charm.
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @andrewjdunbar,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I appreciate your patience as you waited for the order to be fulfilled. It does like like everything is on track for today, I'll check it later to see what update I can get for you.

Don't hesitate in contacting us if you have any questions.

Thanks - LF

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @andrewjdunbar,

I've checked your order just now, it's not yet completed however the broadband can go live anytime until midnight. I'll be finishing shortly but I will check it tomorrow, in the meantime if you connect your router and wait for a persistently solid blue light, this will indicate you have a connection.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Well, midnight has come and gone and I’m still not connected.

Has Openreach completed the work on the committed date, or is this yet another order that’s failed?
andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Well, this is now getting a bit farcical, and I can only assume that Plusnet don’t want to supply a service to me.

I’ve tried phoning today to get any kind of update and was informed that due to technical issues, no account information is available to customer service teams. So now I’m again in limbo, with no service, no update and an ever increasing mobile bill due to data. I’ve also got the benefit of a Netflix and Amazon Prime account that I can’t access or use.

Absolutely regretting leaving sky at this point, and running out of patience.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @andrewjdunbar, I'm sorry to hear you're still not online.

Looking at the order, this did complete as expected yesterday afternoon.

I've just tested the connection and it's coming back there's potentially a problem, however the estimated location for this is 'Customer Premises'

This could be something as simple as the config in the router being incorrect, so I'd recommend factory resetting your router as this should cause the auto-config to run and pull down your authentication details.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, it may also be worth entering the authentication details manually. The steps below explain how you can do this:

1. Load a web page and go to 192.168.1.254
2. Click the settings tab.
3. Enter the router admin details (Printed on the card/bottom of the router)
4. Select the broadband tab at the top of the settings page.
5. Click disconnect.
6. Enter your router auth details (your username@plusdsl.net and your account password)
7. Click connect.

If the authentication details are already correct in the router, but you're still unable to connect, can you run through our troubleshooting guides here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/
It may also be worth connecting to the test socket to try and rule out issues caused by internal wiring. More information on this can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242
If you continue to experience problems after this, please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it: https://faults.plus.net

We'll then be able to get this raised with our suppliers for further investigation for you.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I also resubmitted the auto-config on the router component on your account from this side and it looks like this may have pushed the auth details down to your router and got you online.

Apologies for any inconvenience you've experienced, hopefully you are now online as your account suggests.

Do let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
andrewjdunbar
Dabbler

Hi Harry

Just off the phone with a colleague for support, who has confirmed that due to the technical issues this morning, there was a slight delay.  Just turned on the router and now online via Plusnet Hub.